Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to me 2021 Ram 2500 6.4L Tradesman

aaronedmonton

Reaction score
Hello all,

I've been lurking on the forums for a month or so now.

I finally found a HD truck for sale that didn't break the budget and has all the capabilities I need. I traded in my 2018 Nissan Titan S yesterday before purchasing this Ram. I was cross shopping the F250 with this but the Ram's have nicer interiors and you get more for your money.

2021 Ram 2500 6.4L Hemi - Crew Cab 4x4 Tradesman Shortbox
6900 miles - CPO

My first impressions (since I bought this last night) are that the steering is very light, almost too light. Not used to that. Still no dampened tailgate (not even my dad's Laramie had it on his 2015)

The interior is very nice for a Tradesman. The truck rides super smooth and handles rough roads pretty well. Turning radius is amazing compared to my dad's old 2015 Laramie Megacab CTD.

I'm very happy with it and I've never had anything this nice. Now I just need a drop hitch for my trailer. The Titan was the perfect height for my current open deck trailer but this truck is much taller.

IMG_0100.jpegIMG_0101.jpeg

aaronedmonton

Reaction score
Something to add, the rotary dial for the transmission will take some getting used to. Had the classic lever gear selector in my Titan and I find myself reaching for it all the time now :O

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
Something to add, the rotary dial for the transmission will take some getting used to. Had the classic lever gear selector in my Titan and I find myself reaching for it all the time now :O
Yes, the dials are odd but many like them. I am happy the Cummins trans options still use the lever. I expect it will change in a few years.

woody284

Reaction score
Welcome, to the Ram and Tradesman club. You can buy the dampener for the tailgate and put it on yourself. Super easy. I love my tradesman. It had everything I needed and I’ve added a few upper class mods to it without having to pay for the ones I didn’t want. Tailgate dampener, 8 inch radio, flares, blackened halogen headlights.

gimmie11s

Reaction score
NICE truck congrats! As mentioned you can add the damped tail gate.. cheap and easy to do with OEM parts.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
You can now buy the struts aftermarket for 1/2 the price for the tailgate to go on the oem balls behind passenger tail light

Nd79

Reaction score
Nice truck! I love my tradesman too, as well I should since I factory ordered it.

As many have mentioned, the tailgate damper is easy to install and the remote drop down is actually built into the stock key fob too. You just have to add the button. I haven't done that but have read through the thread and probably will try it when I get time.

As far as the steering goes, I've noticed mine sort of "break in" as I have put on the first 15k miles. It starts to feel slightly more weighted. It will likely take most trucks double that time though since I do a lot of tight quarter backing with my trailer. Lots of lock to lock.

Enjoy the new truck!

Users who are viewing this thread