Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New tires

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Well the tire shop did their job and balanced the tires. I’ve had them to 65 and they’re silky smooth

But, this is unsightly.

I am too anal to leave this alone but I don’t feel like taking it to discount tire and complaining because they did balance the tire it’s not their job to make it pretty. So, I’ll be knocking off the tape weights and putting bags of balance beads in the tires when I get a chance to devote a few hours to the task of breaking them down.

I should just let it ride but I don’t like the way it looks.

Me being overly particular is why I do everything myself but this truck is the only vehicle I own that doesn’t have beadlocks so I just let the tire shop mount the tires.

I’m not sure how I can be so particular about how something is done but also be the person that never washes my truck and just lets it be super dirty. I never claimed to be right in the head.

Not bashing the tire shop, they balanced out fine and 6.5oz isn’t a crazy amount of weight for a 35” tire. I just don’t find it appealing to my eye.

IMG_4378.jpeg

Last edited:

Blythkd1

Reaction score
Well the tire shop did their job and balanced the tires. I’ve had them to 65 and they’re silky smooth

But, this is unsightly.

I am too anal to leave this alone but I don’t feel like taking it to discount tire and complaining because they did balance the tire it’s not their job to make it pretty. So, I’ll be knocking off the tape weights and putting bags of balance beads in the tires when I get a chance to devote a few hours to the task of breaking them down.

Me being overly particular is why I do everything myself but this truck is the only vehicle I own that doesn’t have beadlocks so I just let the tire shop mount the tires.

I’m not sure how I can be so particular about how something is done but also be the person that never washes my truck and just lets it be super dirty. I never claimed to be right in the head.

Not bashing the tire shop, they balanced out fine and 6.5oz isn’t a crazy amount of weight for a 35” tire. I just don’t find it appealing to my eye.

View attachment 65834
Can the weights be seen from the outside?

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Can the weights be seen from the outside?
Maybe from a certain angle the wheels are somewhat open spoke design. I didn’t notice during my walkaround when I checked to make sure my wheels weren’t damaged. I didn’t notice until the old wheel weight tape residue caught my eye and I knelt down to look at it.

They were conscientious enough to use black weights on my black wheels so that helps.

Last edited:

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score

But, this is unsightly.

View attachment 65834

lol, I get it.

You shouldn’t have to break it down to add beads.

Pull the tire, pull the weights, pull the valve core, add beads, and replace everything.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
lol, I get it.

You shouldn’t have to break it down to add beads.

Pull the tire, pull the weights, pull the valve core, add beads, and replace everything.
you’re correct they can be funneled into the valve stem but I find it less frustrating to throw in the bags.

I’m so busy this time of year I may just leave it alone and forget about it

Blythkd1

Reaction score
Yeah just leave it for a few days and see if it's still bothering you. I've taken that approach on scratches and dings. They seem unbearable when they happen but a few days or weeks later, it doesn't seem nearly as important anymore.

gimmie11s

Reaction score
The stacked weights is half-ass'ery. That would bug me and the stacked pair in the middle will certainly fly off at some point.

Enve46

Reaction score
There's no way I could deal with that hahaha my OCD is buggin right now and its not even my truck. Surely they can spin the tire on the wheel for less weights? Or something? Thats A LOT in one spot

deanfx

Reaction score
I dunno if we are still talking about Ridge graps, but I'm on my sixth set with four different trucks. I love them. But have gotten some heat on posts saying I like them. I did pay over 2k for the 35's when I use to pay around 1.7k for them a couple years ago. They are great for Mississippi snow lol

Users who are viewing this thread