Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New owner critical info

Daren R.

Reaction score
New owner of a 2022 2500 HD 6.7. As I new owner , there are things that I know I don't know. Tapping into the collective wisdom here. If you know something now that you wished you'd known then, I'd love to hear it. In other words, what critical info or do's and don'ts should a newbie know?

dslbrnr

Reaction score
It's not a gasser, don't drive it like it is! Drive easy until she reach's running temperature. Try to avoid short trips, if so at least let the oil reach running temps. Get her out on the hwy and let the DPF/exhaust burn off the soot to avoid problems. Follow the maintenance schedule closely and use quality oil and filters like Mopar, Fleetguard etc. After exiting the freeway or pulling a load let the truck idle down for a 2-5 minutes prior to shutting down.
Congrats, have fun and enjoy the massive Cummins diesel torque

Daren R.

Reaction score
New to diesel?
Technically no. Plenty of friends have them and I've picked up some stuff from them, but my last diesel was a 90sumthin' F250 with the Navistar 7.3. Bulletproof but a very different animal than a new 6.7!

Users who are viewing this thread