Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

*** NEW MEMBERS READ THIS *** (New member 1st posts potentially held for approval)

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Without giving too much away, please understand that new member posts MAY be held for approval as part of the site's anti-spam measures.

Please don't make multiple posts or send PM's asking why a post was "deleted."

PM's to other members may be restricted as well if you haven't made an intro post.

Last edited:

MarkTJ

Reaction score
Is this also what's keeping me from sending a PM to someone? I signed up for the site just so I could send a PM to someone, and no matter what I type, the system says:
Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator.

I have no idea what would be inappropriate or spam like. argh. I understand spam is a problem, but making the site useless to new members is probably counter productive.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Is this also what's keeping me from sending a PM to someone? I signed up for the site just so I could send a PM to someone, and no matter what I type, the system says:
Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator.

I have no idea what would be inappropriate or spam like. argh. I understand spam is a problem, but making the site useless to new members is probably counter productive.

One of the biggest single scams is a new member sending a PM to another member regarding a WTB or post in a for sale thread. These measures are as much about trying to limit scam PM's as spam.

It is what it is. Based on timestamps, it looks like you hadn't first created a new member post, so that likely trigged the block from the anti-spam system.

You could have potentially posted on the member's profile asking them to PM you. Frankly, I'm not privy to how the sausage is made.

Bottom line, your concern is noted but complaining about anti-spam measures here is going to fall on deaf ears.

Welcome to HDRams.

MarkTJ

Reaction score
I understand the desire to eliminate spam/PM spam, but in that case you should try to modify the message to at least least indicate that new users can't send PM's. I followed the directions, and spent 15 minutes re writing, and trying to modify my message to be "less spammy" until I finally just gave up, and notified an admin (per instructions)... who told me my complaint fell on deaf ears ;)
But whatever, I get it. Interweb sucks :)

Grey

Reaction score
I understand the desire to eliminate spam/PM spam, but in that case you should try to modify the message to at least least indicate that new users can't send PM's. I followed the directions, and spent 15 minutes re writing, and trying to modify my message to be "less spammy" until I finally just gave up, and notified an admin (per instructions)... who told me my complaint fell on deaf ears ;)
Relax, this place is pretty easy to get along in. Plenty of great info, and plenty of people will help you with info. Hell they let me hang around. Give it some time, and if legit you will be fine.

17Ramguy78

Reaction score
On some forums I have been on you have to reach a limit of posts and also time. Just be patient and interact with fellow HD Ram enthusiasts. Cheers and good luck and btw I'm a noob.

MarkTJ

Reaction score
Relax, this place is pretty easy to get along in. Plenty of great info, and plenty of people will help you with info. Hell they let me hang around. Give it some time, and if legit you will be fine.

Plenty relaxed, and have no concerns about the quality of people :) Sorry if I came across as rude. Just trying to give suggestions and feedback in the suggestion section :) Consider me silent on the issue from here on out though :D

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

Who did you notify?

If you didn't self report, or PM an active/online MOD, it's not going to be seen. I only replied as your post landed in the approval queue.

FWIW, the "Admin" isn't active here... and mods have no way to alter that "contact an admin" message. Sorry your time was wasted.

I updated the thread to indicate PM's may be restricted. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

Users who are viewing this thread