Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New member here, recently ordered 2500 Laramie

Wilder

Reaction score
Hi everyone, new member here. I recently ordered a Ram 2500 Laramie Nite Edition diesel, and am now impatiently waiting for delivery. I had always been a GM guy in the past, but I've been having a ton of reliability issues with my current truck, and I'm ready to be done with it before the warranty runs out. I decided to check out RAM and I was blown away by how nice the demo truck was, and how well it rode for being a 2500. I have always had half tons.

I don't tow heavy a whole lot (10000lb boat four times a year, which I guess maxes out a half ton lol) but I found myself frequently overloading the payload capacity of my half ton, and decided I'd move up for my next truck.

Considering I won't receive a truck till almost winter, I will probably be nearly immediately installing larger / better tires for snow traction, and will be looking to do a leveling kit with some nice shocks. In the past I've had Fox, and have loved them for the ride quality and control you get on snowy/rutted and washboard logging roads. but it seems like a lot of Ram guys are using king shocks. Not sure which way I'll end up going but I'll be reading up on the forum.

Great to be here!

Users who are viewing this thread