Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New member from NC

Power247

Reaction score
Hey guys! New here but not new to forums or Ram trucks. Current truck is a '12 2500 Cummins that I bought new in 2013. It just turned 100k and I'm starting to think it's time to trade her in on a new one. Google search brought me here so I thought I'd join up and see what everyone's experience with the new trucks has been so far.

I'm still trying to decide if I want another Cummins as I don't really need one to pull our camper. I drove a '19 2500 with the 6.4 Hemi and I was really impressed with the power and smoothness of the 8sp trans.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Great White North Eh

Squish Cat - And So
Reaction score
Welcome I to have a 12 (deleted) and a 19 Cummins 2500. Have not driven enough miles on the new one to say how much better it is than the 12 but it definitely is nicer. Read around here lots of good people and almost as good opinions ;) Also had a 16 REBEL and the best thing about that POS was the 8 speed, shifted like butter.

SBookless

Reaction score
Welcome, What part of NC are you in? I currently live near Fayetteville and work in the Raleigh area. I went with the Cummins and enjoy the mpgs on the highway. Good luck with your new purchase.

Power247

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcomes guys! I am really enjoying the hunt so far.
Welcome, What part of NC are you in? I currently live near Fayetteville and work in the Raleigh area. I went with the Cummins and enjoy the mpgs on the highway. Good luck with your new purchase.
I'm in High Point/Greensboro area now. Moved here a few years ago from near Garner (McGees Crossroads specifically).

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Power247

Reaction score
Brought her home last night.
2019 2500 Longhorn 6.4 HEMI
d0fbea3f969e3f934c93e5afebb8de64.jpg

Greg
2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI
2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Westfield

Reaction score
I have a 19 Hemi and my brother has a 19 Cummins HO, so I’ve driven both a decent bit. If you truly don’t need the towing capacity, I’d definitely recommend the Hemi. I like it better for daily driving because it feels significantly more responsive and smoother. Obviously the Cummins is better if you’re doing heavy or frequent towing.

My brother’s Cummins HO truck gets about 4-5 mpg better unloaded. The gap is larger towing.

Users who are viewing this thread