Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New member from Missouri

71_340

Reaction score
Just joined here after reading some good threads on this forum. Two days ago, I bought a 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L Tradesman because I wanted a little more towing capacity than what my Silverado 1500 LM2 had to offer. I had a 2007 5.9 CTD and a 2012 6.7 CTD a few years ago, so not new to diesel trucks. I was also considering a 2018 Ram 2500 6.7L Laramie but, despite the plusher interior, the ride quality of the 2020 won me over and it has less miles and was 2k cheaper. It does have some options: floor carpet and Mopar all weather mats, Uconnect 8.4, cloth seats, spray-in bedliner, chrome package and some stuff essential to tow a trailer. It's been a while that I have owned a truck without leather seats, LED headlights or like options, the simplicity is almost refreshing and doesn't bother me. The photo shows my truck when I picked it up.

I really like my new to me truck but still have to make some changes, so I ordered the following items:

A used center console to replace the center seat/console. AMP power steps (the OEM running boards are too high and narrow for my wife). Trifecta ALX tonneau cover. In-channel EGR visors and I get the front windows tinted. I have yet to figure out how to improve the headlight output and I also want to add fog lights. I kept the Banks iDash I used in my last truck so that will get installed; mostly to monitor EGT, DPF soot level and Regen status. When used with the LM2 I was able to initiate mobile regeneration when it would be convenient for me, not sure if I have this option with the Cummins engine.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 19

71_340

Reaction score
Just love it when somebody recognizes what's in my signature. I was actually lucky enough to wear the Rising Eagle before they made all of us branch officers. Now I enjoy the retired lifestyle.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Just joined here after reading some good threads on this forum. Two days ago, I bought a 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L Tradesman because I wanted a little more towing capacity than what my Silverado 1500 LM2 had to offer. I had a 2007 5.9 CTD and a 2012 6.7 CTD a few years ago, so not new to diesel trucks. I was also considering a 2018 Ram 2500 6.7L Laramie but, despite the plusher interior, the ride quality of the 2020 won me over and it has less miles and was 2k cheaper. It does have some options: floor carpet and Mopar all weather mats, Uconnect 8.4, cloth seats, spray-in bedliner, chrome package and some stuff essential to tow a trailer. It's been a while that I have owned a truck without leather seats, LED headlights or like options, the simplicity is almost refreshing and doesn't bother me. The photo shows my truck when I picked it up.

I really like my new to me truck but still have to make some changes, so I ordered the following items:

A used center console to replace the center seat/console. AMP power steps (the OEM running boards are too high and narrow for my wife). Trifecta ALX tonneau cover. In-channel EGR visors and I get the front windows tinted. I have yet to figure out how to improve the headlight output and I also want to add fog lights. I kept the Banks iDash I used in my last truck so that will get installed; mostly to monitor EGT, DPF soot level and Regen status. When used with the LM2 I was able to initiate mobile regeneration when it would be convenient for me, not sure if I have this option with the Cummins engine.

Welcome to HDRams!

Headlights need an update to factory LED projectors. You'll need a custom harness and an AlfaOBD setup. AlfaOBD will serve you well as you add factory options DIY.

We have threads here on a lot of this and Jimmy07 can hook you up on the harness.

Near new takeoff headlights should be easy enough to find, there's enough folks going aftermarket (yuck) or upgrading to the directional lights that are on the Limited models.

71_340

Reaction score
I looked in the classified section for some used OEM LEDs but didn’t find anything. Almost ordered a set of new ones when I seen the Morimoto XB Hybrid LEDS.
They are brighter than the OEM LEDs and cheaper and come with a 5-year warranty. I had Morimoto XBs on 2016 Ram and they were great.

hookedup2407

Reaction score
I looked in the classified section for some used OEM LEDs but didn’t find anything. Almost ordered a set of new ones when I seen the Morimoto XB Hybrid LEDS.
They are brighter than the OEM LEDs and cheaper and come with a 5-year warranty. I had Morimoto XBs on 2016 Ram and they were great.
What did you end up doing? I’m looking at the Hybrids right now any pics?

71_340

Reaction score
I bought a set Morimoto XB Hybrid headlights. I don't really care about the LED turn signals and definitely not worth the upcharge to me.

The lights are great, very bright with a sharp cutoff line, just make sure they are adjusted correctly. Compared to the ones on my 4th Gen truck they were a PIA to install but Headlight Revolution has a great video on their website, step-by-step.

hookedup2407

Reaction score
I bought a set Morimoto XB Hybrid headlights. I don't really care about the LED turn signals and definitely not worth the upcharge to me.

The lights are great, very bright with a sharp cutoff line, just make sure they are adjusted correctly. Compared to the ones on my 4th Gen truck they were a PIA to install but Headlight Revolution has a great video on their website, step-by-step.
Any pics? I’m looking at the morimoto hybrids or the alpharex lux.. curious how you like em? What color is the inside bezel? Gloss or flat?

The1adman

Reaction score

Hello are you still happy with your Morimoto XB hybrid? I am looking at these. Any pictures installed?

71_340

Reaction score
I traded my 2500 for a 2021 Ram 1500 Bighorn. the first thing I ordered for the 1500 was another set set of Morimoto XB Hybrids (and some AMP steps). That should tell you how much I like those lights.

By the way, what is your MOS? I am a retired 915E (made it to W4)...........the military been good for me for 33 years and life is good now.

The1adman

Reaction score
I traded my 2500 for a 2021 Ram 1500 Bighorn. the first thing I ordered for the 1500 was another set set of Morimoto XB Hybrids (and some AMP steps). That should tell you how much I like those lights.

By the way, what is your MOS? I am a retired 915E (made it to W4)...........the military been good for me for 33 years and life is good now.
Thanks for the follow up, that’s helpful.

I am not military, what made you believe I was military?

71_340

Reaction score
My bad. I just looked at the avatar which is a capital T in a green circle. yours is the same as the one for member TimW73.

That is what happens when you use your phone instead of a computer with a bigger screen.

TimW73

Reaction score
My bad. I just looked at the avatar which is a capital T in a green circle. yours is the same as the one for member TimW73.

That is what happens when you use your phone instead of a computer with a bigger screen.

Hey. 351L. CW2

Users who are viewing this thread