Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New light bar option

mcspeed

Reaction score
Saw this while browsing the interwebs today. Not really my style but I’m glad to see more options available and folks being innovative. Only info i could gather is its made by unit5components (not affiliated with them in any way, its the first ive heard of them)

View attachment 23352
View attachment 23354

That’s fugly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CJTEX

Just came here to flex
Reaction score
So only 1 of these bars doesn't block the cameras?

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
From the looks of them, and talking to the guy who made this new one, I dont think either of them block the camera.
The camera is mounted under the cross of the A, in the middle.

el_barto

Reaction score
It’s the lights that will likely significantly block the camera view not so much the bar itself. The camera view is very fish eye, your can see the part of the stock front bumper with the camera so it doesn’t take much to partially obstruct the view

KnuckleHead

Reaction score
Yeah, I have the Ellis bar on my PW. The bar itself doesnt block anything. Its the middle two BD LP9's that block the camera. Not totally, but 85% or so. I suspect the new bar would be the same way.

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
The bar might not block the camera, but when mounting the lights it definitely blocks quite a bit of your camera view. The Ellis bar sits out farther and lower and the light blocks some of the view. This bar would be worse. I use my front camera a lot on trails so this would be a no-go for me.

mcarey

Reaction score
I do not understand the transformer-esque styling some of these companies use. This lightbar would look right in place on one of those SEMA Jeeps I suppose.

What ever happened to smooth and elegant lines? Randy Ellis nailed it with his design.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Randy's bar looks just like any other round bar out there. Except the mounting flat plate I don't like.

Guess the only other option is drill holes in the bumper to mount one like I've done in the past on other trucks. But I don't want to drill my bumper.

To me, the new light mount looks more industrial than transformerish.

But yea, it's not going to be for everyone, same as Randy's bar.

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
Just go with a new front bumper that has lights built in..... Much cleaner and it's only money anyway

Chassis Unlimited has them with and without a lightbar. I have not seen these in person. I would like to go with their winch mount bumper my 2500 Cummins.

2019-2021-ram-powerwagon-octane-series-front-bumper.jpg

2019-2021-ram-powerwagon-octane-series-front-bumper (1).jpg

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Just go with a new front bumper that has lights built in..... Much cleaner and it's only money anyway

Chassis Unlimited has them with and without a lightbar. I have not seen these in person. I would like to go with their winch mount bumper my 2500 Cummins.

View attachment 23529

View attachment 23530
Thats a new take on things… almost every bumper company trys to make the dodge bumpers look like they stick out 2ft i like the profile of that bumper….

Attachments

• 142C810A-9E8C-40C6-AD80-5FAD416FF3D5.png
    142C810A-9E8C-40C6-AD80-5FAD416FF3D5.png
    138.4 KB · Views: 39

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
I like sweet tea. Southern style like my Mon-money used to make on the stove. Nice and dark and sweet. ;)

But I'd like to find a nice way to mount some lights.
Cut a slot in the bumper or grill to flush mount a LED light bar in.
Mount a tube or modular mount with some KC lights and the old school KC smiley face covers on them.

Fishnerd

Reaction score
I like sweet tea. Southern style like my Mon-money used to make on the stove. Nice and dark and sweet. ;)

But I'd like to find a nice way to mount some lights.
Cut a slot in the bumper or grill to flush mount a LED light bar in.
Mount a tube or modular mount with some KC lights and the old school KC smiley face covers on them.
What about mounting on the grille (sandwich the grille slats between the light and backing plate)?

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
I dunno what forum you thought you were on but literally all of us drive “the same” truck around here
LOL. True but the Devil is in the details and where you draw the line. I am sure you don't think of the bro wagons driving around on 22s sticking out 5" with the rear dragging as being the same as your truck. (Sorry if I just described anybody's truck right here - you be you :D )

Users who are viewing this thread