Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Instrument Cluster Issue

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Yes I did. In fact I put about 600 miles on the truck… I ordered that alpha OBD II … to see if there’s anything I could do with that. Nothing helped trust me. I loved that instrument cluster and I did not want to send it back but I can’t go and spend $650 and my fuel gauge not work properly, or in this case at all.
I got a hold of a guy and all he does is find aftermarket parts for rams and a few other models… after a few weeks of searching, he found me a cluster that I wanted, plus he has all the equipment to program the cluster exactly what it needs to be… When I receive the cluster and install it…make sure everything is working properly. I will give you his contact information and he can help you if you want.
You got a faulty cluster thats all

5th Gen HD

Reaction score
Did your guy have any insight as to why it didn’t work in your truck? I don’t want send this back and run into the same issue. Any relearn procedures anyone is aware of?
The guy I just ordered from me that it’s probably a broken cluster. He said he’s sold thousands of clusters and never had an issue for Ram. I hope that is the case.

2020bighorn

Reaction score
You got a faulty cluster thats all
I get where you’re coming from, I just find it odd there’s been 3 people recently that have done the swap and all 3 have had the same exact single issue, while everything else works just fine.

kristof

Reaction score
I just did the cluster swap to 7" and have same issue. Fuel gauge works on startup but stuck at full tank. Range drops but at first it was at 1999 miles! Bought it on eBay from this guy
cluster ebay.JPG

Which one of you is him? ;)

Last edited:

5th Gen HD

Reaction score
Hey everyone, i believe we have isolated the issue with fuel gauge stuck on full…if you purchased a 2022 or new cluster it will NOT work in a 2019, 2020, 2021 truck.
If you want me to get you in contact with a guy that can get you the correct cluster for your specific vehicle, just me up.

kristof

Reaction score
Maybe not relevant but when I correct the mileage with AlfaOBD I noticed the range also changes to higher number not sure why

5th Gen HD

Reaction score
I would be cautious about buying any clusters off of eBay…i would go through OEM Solutions!
Contact Frank, definitely knows what he is talking about and can get you what you need/want. Easy to work with and very thorough!
frank.oemsolutions@gmail.com

2020bighorn

Reaction score
Not trying to ruffle any feathers, but the original conclusion is correct, not a bad cluster. Thanks for the input. 22 clusters do not work in 19-21 trucks. Hopefully this helps someone in the future. Bought one out of a 20 model and voila, the fuel gauge works perfect.

2020bighorn

Reaction score
Any insight on changing the background? My truck is a 20 big horn with 8.4 screen. The cluster I purchased is from a longhorn apparently. How do I make the screen on the evic match my other screen. Thank you.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Check:

Vehicle Configuration 1: Special Package

Select "Bighorn"

Vehicle Configuration 2: Special Package

Select "Bighorn"

2020bighorn

Reaction score
I tried that, no luck. Background screen on the evic is still the brown leather look.

2020bighorn

Reaction score
Right, but I need to add that customer feature with alpha obd and I can’t find that setting. My truck did not come with themes from the factory.

jsalbre

Reaction score
Right, but I need to add that customer feature with alpha obd and I can’t find that setting. My truck did not come with themes from the factory.
I’m not sure there’s anything to program for that, I always assumed it was part of the UConnect system. If I look at the customer programmable features section in AlfaOBD there’s not a listing for the theme setting. If there are settings for that they’re probably in the UConnect module and thus unreachable from AlfaOBD, due Uconnect being on the other side of the SGW.

Maybe @Jimmy07 has a better idea.

kristof

Reaction score
I returned the one from 22 Laramie and bought one from OEM solutions. Fuel gage works but in the one I returned there were off road pages displayed. They are missing on this one

2020bighorn

Reaction score
I returned the one from 22 Laramie and bought one from OEM solutions. Fuel gage works but in the one I returned there were off road pages displayed. They are missing on this one
Yeah same here. Just can’t get the theme figured out

Users who are viewing this thread