Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Delmonico Red Ram Rebel 2500 Cummins!

AirRyan

Reaction score
Picked up my new Rebel 2500 with a Cummins last Friday! Had a Super Duty Powerstroke Tremor Platinum on order but I got a great deal on this loaded Ram and it otherwise checked all my boxes. I particularly liked the length of the truck; unbeknownst to me, the Ram 2500's are 238.8" long whereas the GM and Ford three-quarter tons are 250" long. For me and my modest garage, that meant the difference between driving straight in and having to back it in and make my wife park her Navigator on the right, which was the only way I was going to get a GM or Ford 2500 in my garage. This Ram 2500 is only six inches longer than my 1500 Silverado, and yet it has all of the bed space that I will ever need.

I really loved my Silverado 1500 ZR2 but GM said they were going to put an LZ0 Duramax diesel in it for MY24, I thought that that was what I really wanted long-term and would have bought from the beginning; (after they came out for the second year with no change, I was convinced that GM either didn't want to offer the diesel or couldn't, like they have said with their SUV's and their off-road packages.) I was seriously considering just getting into another 1500 ZR2 with the LZ0 diesel, but that had me exploring all of my options.

I considered an HD ZR2 and an AT4X HD, but I grew tired of GM dealers @ MSRP+ and their allocation drama, so the Ford Super Duty with X-Plan pricing looked like the best deal that I was going to get until I found this Ram. I didn't get the rearview camera mirror that I would have liked, and I lost my HUD that I enjoyed in my Silverado 1500 ZR2, but all in all, with the Cummins, this new-for-2023 Rebel HD appears to be on par with the Limited trim and I'm otherwise very happy with it all.

I noticed yesterday that the 2024 RAM configurator online gives you the option to add those MOPAR rocker rail side steps; I really liked how those looked but I have not been able to find any. So I'm going with N-Fab rock rails for now. Just got window tint yesterday, I really enjoy the IR rejection of the AutoBahn i3 ceramic at 33% all the way around. The windshield has Llumar Air 80 tint on it. I already installed a BakFlip MX4 tonneau cover and am going back to my detailer who did the tint next week for have the Ram applied with Icon Rockclear. I'm a big ceramic coating fan and was otherwise going to ceramic coat the Ram this weekend, but I got to see them applying the Rockclear to a C8 Corvette while I was there and I'm sold; can't wait for to see this Delmonico Red Pearl Coat really pop with the Rockclear!
20231003_135035.jpg
20231003_135109.jpg

Last edited:

CharlieL

Reaction score
Great color choice, but I am a bit biased on that! Since my wife is rather vertically challenged, I had to have a running board installed. That was done by the dealer before I picked it up. Have the ReTrax on mine.

Attachments

• IMG_4083.jpg
    IMG_4083.jpg
    854 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_4088.jpg
    IMG_4088.jpg
    827 KB · Views: 46

m.stephen.miller

Reaction score
That is a great looking truck. I am looking to order one pretty much exactly like it. What do you think of the ride quality with the rear air suspension on the Cummins Rebel? I test drove one with stock coils (all tires at ~65 psi) and thought it rode well. I couldn't find one with air suspension to compare.

Enjoy the ride.

AirRyan

Reaction score
That is a great looking truck. I am looking to order one pretty much exactly like it. What do you think of the ride quality with the rear air suspension on the Cummins Rebel? I test drove one with stock coils (all tires at ~65 psi) and thought it rode well. I couldn't find one with air suspension to compare.

Enjoy the ride.
I love my truck! I was interested in a GMC 2500 AT4X HD but they were hard to find even at MSRP, and in this post COVID BS world I had grown tired of MSRP for theirs and wholesale for my trade. My local Ford dealer would let me order a Super Duty Tremor with X-Plan pricing, but the higher trims were harder to get and I didn't like paying for a six figure truck with the massaging seats omitted. I came across this Ram at a nice discount and I took it home to see how well it would fit in my garage. The Ram 2500's are about 12" shorter than GM and Ford 2500's and so the Ram ended up fitting in the same spot my Silverado 1500 took up. If I had a GM or Ford 3/4 ton, I might have been able to back in my truck and get the door closed, or else park it outside, and I really didn't want to do that. I have heard from multiple people who have owned all three that the Ram 2500's with the coil springs, and all the more so with the rear air bags, is the best riding 3/4 ton truck you can get. For me, the payload and towing meet my needs and I just love this truck!

Reaction score
Great choice! I was in a similar position as you and chose the Rebel Cummins as well. With a massive discount vs the other 2, plus the most compliant ride AND significantly shorter overall length which was perfect for me coming from a 1500, it was literally the ideal truck. Just out 2k miles on it and like it more and more each day. My wife loves it too and think it looking much better than the competitors.
Congrats

Users who are viewing this thread