Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Build - A true off road champion….

UglyViking

Reaction score
Well you're not alone. I've got the HK system and was pretty disappointed with it overall, mids are pretty muddy and lows are lacking. I think that most people just don't have good ears for this stuff, so they can basically slap a name on anything and call it a day.

Shadowboxin20

Reaction score
Plans on adding a single channel amp and and swapping out the sub later but for now this will do.

Shadowboxin20

Reaction score
Well you're not alone. I've got the HK system and was pretty disappointed with it overall, mids are pretty muddy and lows are lacking. I think that most people just don't have good ears for this stuff, so they can basically slap a name on anything and call it a day.

I mean there is no way any of these companies are making these speakers. Things are trash. They just pay to have the name put on there. Kinda ridiculous

UglyViking

Reaction score
I mean there is no way any of these companies are making these speakers. Things are trash. They just pay to have the name put on there. Kinda ridiculous
I had read somewhere that one of the engineers from whatever relabel works with the OEM on tuning the speakers, but I'm guessing it's not long or it's the intern if it's even done at all.

Shadowboxin20

Reaction score
Got the mirrors swapped out yesterday and just did a graphene ceramic coat across the whole thing. Many thanks to @gratefuldad for swapping mirrors with me.

Tried doing door speakers at the same time since it was open but the system didn’t have the power to push them so I left the stock.

1209710F-A8BB-4252-9306-2E1826B13CFC.jpeg44BA9398-8BBD-4D9E-9EA9-D6799FF8C54D.jpeg

Shadowboxin20

Reaction score
Headlights are $600 to get them done. I actually don’t mind how they are now but I think the bronze would look badass inside. Not sure what to do and it’s a colossal waste of money. I just yelled at the wife for buying an air purifier for $230. What a ****ing hypocrite I am

Door handles comin

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Headlights are $600 to get them done. I actually don’t mind how they are now but I think the bronze would look badass inside. Not sure what to do and it’s a colossal waste of money. I just yelled at the wife for buying an air purifier for $230. What a ****ing hypocrite I am

Door handles comin
I’ve done a handful of “baked headlights” splitting them open and painting the bezels. Toyota people call it BLHM black headlight mod. it’s not a bad job. You’ll need a big oven though.

FWIW factory night edition headlights aren’t crazy expensive

Shadowboxin20

Reaction score
I’ve looked into the process and I just don’t want to **** it up. I’m usually down for just about anything but I keep my ass out of the kitchen. Cooking headlights just isn’t in my wheelhouse

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
For what it's worth I think the black headlights and taillights really complete the look. I've swapped the black headlights on mine and it makes a world of difference.
I agree, i did the swap as well (halogen on mine, others have done the led)

Lootawi

Reaction score
Tires have arrived and shocks/bags are done in the back. Going to start working on fronts over the weekend. Even with someone who knows what they are doing this is **** work. I am not cut out for this.

I swung a hammer for a decade and my hands and my hands have never looked worse and it’s day 2. Da fuq

View attachment 34535View attachment 34534
aren't Pintops supposed to be fitted body down and shaft up ? that's what I read in the installation manual ! or doesn't make a difference ?

Shadowboxin20

Reaction score
Well **** not you got me all hot in my ass. Old one was body up. I watched a cjc video for install. Will report back

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
aren't Pintops supposed to be fitted body down and shaft up ? that's what I read in the installation manual ! or doesn't make a difference ?
Doesn't matter with remote resis as there is no air in the body of the shock. There is Nitrogen in the resi but there is a sealed piston between the resi and the oil. So doesn't matter.

Lootawi

Reaction score
d5bfd6805e997139d8ebd385dcfa4bf3.jpg

that's captured from the installation manual

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shadowboxin20

Reaction score
Yup I ended up switching them. Their other shocks are installed can up but the lady said they recommend these down.

Shadowboxin20

Reaction score
Painted both the heads and tails….
Did the insides gunmetal with a bronze trim. Can’t really see the trim cause it’s so dark so that was a waste but the inside housing of the light is dope.

C7B538CC-9577-4AC2-9C96-B9B103C73E8A.jpeg82B7E6E6-3617-4715-9CB9-9A52320CC945.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread