Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 6.4 2500 tradesman for full time travel

sdhol

Reaction score
Hi All. New here. Just picked this sucker up a few days ago. Nice and simple 2500 6.4 tradesman short bed crew cab with my new Scout Olympic on the back. Going to try and appreciate these toys as is for a while before I inevitably go nuts on mods.

Attachments

• IMG_0682.jpg
    IMG_0682.jpg
    797.3 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_0681.jpg
    IMG_0681.jpg
    787.7 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_0684.jpg
    IMG_0684.jpg
    821.5 KB · Views: 117

jadmt

Reaction score
Nice camper how long was your wait?

Toyotaguy

Reaction score
How much does the camper weigh? I’m assuming your payload is around 3000lbs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sdhol

Reaction score
How much does the camper weigh? I’m assuming your payload is around 3000lbs?

Camper is 1400 lbs before i put anything in it. Fully loaded with my dog and myself its about 1800. Payload is 3150 ish. Got real tired of worrying about payload with a 1/2 ton before this so the extra wiggle room is nice.

Toyotaguy

Reaction score
Camper is 1400 lbs before i put anything in it. Fully loaded with my dog and myself its about 1800. Payload is 3150 ish. Got real tired of worrying about payload with a 1/2 ton before this so the extra wiggle room is nice.

That’s the same reason I’m no longer in a half ton. Granted I went with a diesel so I’m only up a 1000lbs rather than 2.

sdhol

Reaction score
That’s the same reason I’m no longer in a half ton. Granted I went with a diesel so I’m only up a 1000lbs rather than 2.

Right on. I would have much preferred the diesel if I stayed in this country more but this rig is going to south america and once you get south of mexico its not easy to find the diesel these newer trucks want.

lighthawk

Reaction score
Nice rig! We've got a 2021 Tradesman CC also in a 3500 wih 4.11 gears. We carry a Four Wheel Camper on back, and sometimes crawl rougher roads.
It's been fun upgrading tires and installing a leveling kit. I used a Tundra with the same camper for the last ten years and kept breaking things.

Last edited:

sdhol

Reaction score
Nice rig! We've got a 2021 Tradesman CC also in a 3500 wih 4.10 gears. We carry a Four Wheel Camper on back, and sometimes crawl rougher roads.
It's been fun upgrading tires and installing a leveling kit. I used a Tundra with the same camper for the last ten years and kept breaking things.
Right on. I was on the fence between the four wheel campers and this thing. Spend most of my time in the snow so i went this direction for the insulation. Have fun with that!

Users who are viewing this thread