Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 2022 2500 bighorn, Uconnect 5 built in voice recognition not working, "code error" message when started in ACC position of start button

rickrfa

Reaction score
Seeing two problems with my uconnect 5 8.4 system after taking delivery of my 2022 RAM 2500 hemi, wondering if anyone else has seen the same issues-

1) Built in voice recognition not working (short press of VR switch on steering wheel, or saying "Hey uconnect"), no response to either. Google voice commands work fine with android auto if a phone is connected. Truck has level C group that lists "built in voice recognition" on the build sheet, so it should work.

2) Get an error message on the uconnect screen if start button pushed to ACC mode without foot on the brake, see attached photo. Doesn't happen if truck started normally by pushing start with foot on the brake pedal. Also happens if button pushed to ACC after turning off from RUN position.

Dealer thinks it is a corrupt firmware problem and is going to re-flash the firmware when I bring it in.

Thanks,
Rick

uconnect 5 startup error acc mode.jpg

JimKIII

Reaction score
Hate to be a cynical spoiled sport, but add your issue to the 8-ft pile of UConnect-5 software defects. Supposed to be a miracle fix-all release sometime in March. (Holding breadth)
Please let us know if re-flashing helped.

rickrfa

Reaction score
Will do, but have a feeling it's more of a "please reboot your computer and see if that fixes it" effort

rickrfa

Reaction score
Had it at the dealer today, re-flashing didn't help, tech said it was showing error codes with diagnostics, they are ordering a new radio.

JimKIII

Reaction score
Had it at the dealer today, re-flashing didn't help, tech said it was showing error codes with diagnostics, they are ordering a new radio.
Any news on this problem? I have the same issue with my 2022 2500.

rickrfa

Reaction score
Dealer said FCA wanted them to run more tests before ordering a new radio, taking it in this Thursday for that and tonneau cover installation. There is a workaround I found to use ACC mode, need to change the "power off delay" setting from 0 to 45 sec or more in settings. Then without putting your foot on the brake, push the start button twice quickly to go to run and let the Uconnect come on. Then you can cycle back through off, then ACC, the delay allows time to go to ACC mode. This also allows the same after the truck is turned off.

Glad at least one person has the same problem, I'll let the svc department guy know someone else has the same issue.

I'll keep you posted.

JimKIII

Reaction score
Dealer said FCA wanted them to run more tests before ordering a new radio, taking it in this Thursday for that and tonneau cover installation. There is a workaround I found to use ACC mode, need to change the "power off delay" setting from 0 to 45 sec or more in settings. Then without putting your foot on the brake, push the start button twice quickly to go to run and let the Uconnect come on. Then you can cycle back through off, then ACC, the delay allows time to go to ACC mode. This also allows the same after the truck is turned off.

Glad at least one person has the same problem, I'll let the svc department guy know someone else has the same issue.

I'll keep you posted.
How about putting your truck build in your signature so it shows up when you post. I see you described your truck with your first post, but when it's in your signature it will always be there for other posts.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread