Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New ‘24 Rebel Cummins owner

Reaction score
Greetings. This is my 3rd Ram in a row. Went from a ‘19 and ‘21 Rebel with Hemi V8 to a 2024 2500 HD Rebel with 6.7 Cummins diesel.

I’m here to learn more and to share my experiences.

The truck is excellent. It doesn’t drive as smooth or nimble as my 1500 Rebel with air suspension, but it’s a complete beast and I still find it very pleasant for long trips and around town.

First mod I’m thinking of is swapping to an aftermarket 50/52 gallon fuel tank.
I saw Titan and S&B but it seems like S&B fits a bit better and their customer service was top notch as I literally got a response from them within minutes of contacting. This would be for the once in a while very long trip or for SHTF scenarios (hurricanes/civil unrest/etc). I would have pulled the trigger but my concern is how much lower it hangs than the frame and how i have to remove the fuel tank skid plate. I bought a Rebel partially for its off road chops and don’t want to compromise that by having an Important part like the fuel tank exposed. Their rep said they run support trucks in the Baja with their tanks and they are fine. He also said there’s a slight possibility a shop can run “spacers” and still attach the factory skid plate over it. But he was just throwing it out there. Just not sure if anyone else has done this and if will cause ground clearance issues and hang down and be too exposed. i don’t really off road to be honest. Job sites and such only. But nice to know in a brutal winter or SHTF scenario I have the capability and don’t want to hurt that. The other concern with exposure is some bad actor stabbing it or drilling it. Unfortunately work brings me to some rough areas and I don’t want my tough truck to be immobilized by a lunatic (or worse) with a drill/basic tools. Just thinking out loud and would love everyone’s thoughts. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_3002.jpeg
    IMG_3002.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_3001.jpeg
    IMG_3001.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 29

flan

Reaction score
Welcome aboard, nice ride! The rebel is a good looking package. As far as sabotage on your fuel tank there is a hundred other ways they can **** with your truck, (that rhymes) I wouldn’t use that as a reason to not get the extended range you’re looking for. As far as hanging low, that’s a legit one. Maybe the spacers isn’t such a bad idea. There’s a couple aftermarket skids coming out maybe one of those will work as well. Not sure if that question had been asked in that specific thread...

Reaction score
Welcome aboard, nice ride! The rebel is a good looking package. As far as sabotage on your fuel tank there is a hundred other ways they can **** with your truck, (that rhymes) I wouldn’t use that as a reason to not get the extended range you’re looking for. As far as hanging low, that’s a legit one. Maybe the spacers isn’t such a bad idea. There’s a couple aftermarket skids coming out maybe one of those will work as well. Not sure if that question had been asked in that specific thread...
Thanks.
Aftermarket skids are exactly what I would be looking for but I can’t seem to find any for this specific application.

jenninr

Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread