Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need new vehicle by November

tchur1

Reaction score
I really do wwish my tundra had equity but it doesnt seem that way. As you can see the buy out price is sooooo close to MSRP. All the offers I've received from dealers have been to the tune of 38-40k.
2020 tundra SR5
MSRP: $46,628
Buy out price: $41,900
Current mileage: 19,200

The BMW is a little more tricky. That one I really have to crunch numbers as we get closer to the lease maturity as I'm ~25,000 miles over the agreed lease amount. Unfortunately my wife got in a minor accident with it that required a fender replacement and someone backed into it another time at a grocery store which went through their insurance. Though, it stilll is probably on a carfax somewhere. So 2 accidents will most likely hurt the resell value of it. Because it's a lease we couldnt claim a loss of value credit from the insurance company.

So the pickle I'm in there is I either pay out the additional mileage ~$6687 OR I buy it out and own a BMW with ~70,000 miles. Both are terrible options lol.
Where do you live? and have you checked getting quotes on the tundra from Vroom and shift? When I bought out my Tundra and was going to sell it to the dealer I got a quote from Shift for almost 48k, sent that to the dealer and asked them to match. They came back at 43k (I bought it out for 38k w/ 22,000 miles) Shop the hell out of that thing, you should be able to get 40k+ from it.

Skurtz036

Reaction score
If you want to order, look at Chapman Ram in horsham pa, just north west of philly, I got 3% below invoice.

JimKIII

Reaction score
Prices keep going up as you're probably well aware. I just ran my truck and options that I bought last December through the Ram Truck build site I initially used - and the price for the exact same rig is $6,200 more - 11% increase. Sheesh!

pr3dict

Reaction score
Yeah thats the other part that suks about buying a truck right now lol. In the next fe wyears I'd imagien that incentives will come back...

Anyone know what the story is with locking in the financing offer? They have that SWEEEEET 0% deal going on right now?

JimKIII

Reaction score
Yeah thats the other part that suks about buying a truck right now lol. In the next fe wyears I'd imagien that incentives will come back...

Anyone know what the story is with locking in the financing offer? They have that SWEEEEET 0% deal going on right now?
Have you looked at Mark Dodge? They quoted me $50K for a $58K build, which included price guarantee.

pr3dict

Reaction score
Mark dodge is 1500 miles away lol. I guess technically I could buy from there and then drive back and still save a ton of money... I'll check chapman in PA first. They advertise 3% below invoice as another poster said.

Skurtz036

Reaction score
Mark dodge is 1500 miles away lol. I guess technically I could buy from there and then drive back and still save a ton of money... I'll check chapman in PA first. They advertise 3% below invoice as another poster said.
Mark dodge was cheaper, but by the time you add fuel for the drive, Chapman was cheaper. I live in central PA so we’d have close to the same drive to LA

franko

Reaction score
I ordered from Chapman in December and took delivery in February. My experience was great. Straight talk, no games through the entire process.

QuattroCS

Reaction score
I ordered from Chapman in December and took delivery in February. My experience was great. Straight talk, no games through the entire process.
Koons in Va, i got a group buy, was able to get 6% off of invoice Around $11k off of MSRP. they are just outside Alexandria/DC, around 4hrs from north jersey.
There is a post with all the details, for this one it needs to be a purchase not a lease.

franko

Reaction score
Koons in Va, i got a group buy, was able to get 6% off of invoice Around $11k off of MSRP. they are just outside Alexandria/DC, around 4hrs from north jersey.
There is a post with all the details, for this one it needs to be a purchase not a lease.
At the time I ordered from Chapman they matched my quote from Mark Dodge - 5% under invoice. Great for me, as I live 4 miles from them.

pr3dict

Reaction score
This sounds promising. I'll hit them up tomorrow.

QuattroCS

Reaction score
This sounds promising. I'll hit them up tomorrow.
sent you a pm with the details and posts i found

pr3dict

Reaction score
Ah seems like the safety group is no longer available... Seems like it's time to wait for 2023's.

QuattroCS

Reaction score
I check the big horn earlier and it looks to me like way too many components to add after the truck is delivered and ordered without it. even for my comfort level, so I can def relate. Apologies on the further delay of your process. If that is a have to have for you then i would agree that waiting for the lift of the restricion/opening of 23 MY ordering seems to be the path chosen for you.

pr3dict

Reaction score
Its the mirror specifically. I want that digital mirror lol. They said the safety group was the constraint but I think they meant the mirror. For $100k truck it better be perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread