Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need a good dealer for service in So CA.

Mike_SE

Reaction score
Hey folks,
Took my 19 in for its oil change at H.B. Ram. Got truck back and now the cooling fan is running all the time the truck is. Never had this problem before....not happy with the overall service dept atmosphere for the the diesels here. Any suggestions for a dealership with a good diesel tech. in my area? There was a good guy at Fullerton Dodge a few years ago but apparently they went belly up.

Trooper

Reaction score
Hey folks,
Took my 19 in for its oil change at H.B. Ram. Got truck back and now the cooling fan is running all the time the truck is. Never had this problem before....not happy with the overall service dept atmosphere for the the diesels here. Any suggestions for a dealership with a good diesel tech. in my area? There was a good guy at Fullerton Dodge a few years ago but apparently they went belly up.
I bought mine there, i agree service and overall attitude there has room for improvement. Depending on where you live i found Tustin to be dealer to be reasonable. i am only using them for oil changes as free for some years.
If you want other work outside of dealers depending on what you want there are several, although some have long waits for service (CJC for example) i was also given a good recommendation on Diesel maintenance out in San Jacinto.

Mike_SE

Reaction score
I bought mine out at Hunter in Lancaster. They are just over 100 miles away but have 3 decent diesel techs. The distance makes it tuff to decide for service. It could just be a fluke that the fan clutch stopped right after the oil change. Taking it back Monday to H.B. to see what they say.

Mike_SE

Reaction score
So took truck in to get the fanclutch fixed and they said there are no codes so truck is fine. Belt driven fan blah blah blah. Had a little discussion with the service advisor and told him if it sounded like this when I test drove it I wouldn't have bought it.
Scratch Huntington Beach off my list for diesel service.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
So took truck in to get the fanclutch fixed and they said there are no codes so truck is fine. Belt driven fan blah blah blah. Had a little discussion with the service advisor and told him if it sounded like this when I test drove it I wouldn't have bought it.
Scratch Huntington Beach off my list for diesel service.
Hello Mike, we are sorry to hear that you are having trouble addressing this concern with your dealer! We would like you to know that our team is available to you for support during these situations. As your advocate, we would be happy to work alongside your dealer during future servicing visits. Please do not hesitate to send us a private message for further assistance.

Kathryn
Ram Cares

Mike_SE

Reaction score
Thanks Kathryn,
Took the truck to Orange Coast ram, Jeep Dodge Fiat. Very professional and put me at ease. They gave me a loaner. Got a call this afternoon that yes the fan clutch is a problem. They need the truck tomorrow and maybe day after.
Service advisor very nice guy and listened. I've found my local dealer.

Mike_SE

Reaction score
Picked up Big Blue this am and fan clutch issue is resolved. Anyone in the Orange County area of So Ca. looking for a good place to have your Ram Cummins serviced they treated me right.

Users who are viewing this thread