Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NAVIKS with Uconnect 5

Webracin

Reaction score
This may be a bit early, but I am waiting on my new 2022 DRW 3500 with 12" Uconnect 5. My question is has anyone installed the SURROUND-VIEW CAMERA SYSTEM IN MOTION + MOTION LOCKOUT BYPASS from a 2019-2021 that has Uconnect 4.3 into a new Uconnect 5 to see if it still works? Would like to know if its worth tearing out the touchscreen to retreive the NAVIKS or leave it there and buy another one when and if they come out with a module for the UC5.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
The systems have different connectors.

Even if the main radio module connector is the same, it looks like you would have to lose the AUX1 pins. I caught a preview of the system with the surround cameras and only see AUX2 shown there. I'm going to post this in the 2022 camera surround thread.

I would contact NAViKS but don't be surprised if they're not there yet.

1635201793691.png

Webracin

Reaction score
The systems have different connectors.

Even if the main radio module connector is the same, it looks like you would have to lose the AUX1 pins. I caught a preview of the system with the surround cameras and only see AUX2 shown there. I'm going to post this in the 2022 camera surround thread.

I would contact NAViKS but don't be surprised if they're not there yet.

View attachment 24237
Thanks @Brutal_HO ! I did contact them first and they dont have a 2022 yet to test with, so you are right, they are nowhere on it. Might go ahead and pull mine and resell it to recoup some of the $ I spent on it since it wont affect tradein value.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you ever have any issue with yours randomly enabling turn signal camera on it's own?

Starting to get annoying...

As to the UC5 surround camera stuff, I don't recall if Jimmy said it (the surround CVPM) uses the AUX 1 set of pins or some other unused pins in the 12-pin bumper/bed connector for the camera input in addition to what I would expect it needing addition (LIN bus?) connections for the comms with the radio button selections.

In my mind, they would use AUX1 pins for the video feed and the other (new) pins for signaling the CVPM which camera to display.

Webracin

Reaction score
I think he said the 360 trailer view used Aux 1, so there was only Aux 2 for an additional camera.

No I have not had an issue with random enabling. My only issue is holding your tongue right when enabling and disabling.

Users who are viewing this thread