Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Navigation not working

crzysnake137

Reaction score
Using the factory navigation it tells me there is no connection, and I can not search for any addresses. Basically rendering the navigation useless. Anyone have this problem saying there is no connection?

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Using the factory navigation it tells me there is no connection, and I can not search for any addresses. Basically rendering the navigation useless. Anyone have this problem saying there is no connection?

Hi, it sounds like your Uconnect system needs to be updated. The files for software level 18.45.01 are currently available on driveUconnect.com. I would recommend checking if this update is available for your vehicle. If so, you will be able to download the software to a USB and update your vehicle at home. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Alison
RamCares

crzysnake137

Reaction score
I typed in my vin and it says my vehicle is up to date, any help?
Hi, it sounds like your Uconnect system needs to be updated. The files for software level 18.45.01 are currently available on driveUconnect.com. I would recommend checking if this update is available for your vehicle. If so, you will be able to download the software to a USB and update your vehicle at home. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Alison
RamCares

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
I typed in my vin and it says my vehicle is up to date, any help?

Hi,
I would recommend visiting your dealership. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
RamCares

Zrojas

Reaction score
Mine often says no connection when searching, but it still can find addresses, POIs, etc. It always has a cell connection when it says that and has never affected searches so I haven't worried about it.

Have you tried using send and go through the Uconnect app as a possible work around until you can talk to the dealer?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Class Action Expert

Reaction score
All,
My navigation (2018 RAM 2500 Cumings) is showing the wrong location off by hundreds of miles and my UConnect won't work. The Dealerships (2) have determined the only remedy is replacing the radio head unit at a cost of over $1k.
Over many Dodge/Chrysler/RAM/Jeep forums, this is common and a "known issue" for the company.
I am polling groups to be included in a possible Class Action Suit for damages payable for all of those of us who have been unfairly charged as a result of a "known issue" with many owners navigation and UConnect.
Should you be experiencing a similar issue and have replaced or being told to replace the radio head unit and you would like to be included in a possible legal settlement to recover damages please send your name, year, model, and make of your vehicle to: info@spauldingent.com
Thank you,

jerryw1000

Reaction score
When I first got my 2020 with the 12" screen I got that "no connection" thing a lot....then I discovered that at the bottom of the search screen somewhere were buttons to enter the state and then the city and THEN enter the address and it would use the internal map data files. I haven't used the NAV much but take a look at your search screen and see if there is an option to enter the state and city for your search.

Diesel42

Reaction score
Just recently experienced this problem (2021 Laramie w/12" Uconnect). I'll have to try your suggestion. Thanks

When I first got my 2020 with the 12" screen I got that "no connection" thing a lot....then I discovered that at the bottom of the search screen somewhere were buttons to enter the state and then the city and THEN enter the address and it would use the internal map data files. I haven't used the NAV much but take a look at your search screen and see if there is an option to enter the state and city for your search.

Users who are viewing this thread