Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Navigation map shows my location 20 miles away

gyoung360

Reaction score
I have a 2019 2500 with a 12 in screen that just went crazy. My navigation map shows my location about 20 miles from where I am. It does track my driving but in the wrong location. At the same time the XM channels above 500 could be seen but not able to play. When I selected one of the channels, it indicated "Internet Signal Lost Attempting to reconnect". I had Sirius XM reset my radio, which then had all the channels above 500 disappear. Navigation map is still off by 20 miles.
Is this an OnStar issue that tracks my location? I did the assist button, but it told me to call for services to be activate - I had canceled Gardian services after the free promotion in 2020 so that's not the issue. Sorry for the long-winded discussion. Trying to find a direction from this groupo

gyoung360

Reaction score
I have a 2019 2500 with a 12 in screen that just went crazy. My navigation map shows my location about 20 miles from where I am. It does track my driving but in the wrong location. At the same time the XM channels above 500 could be seen but not able to play. When I selected one of the channels, it indicated "Internet Signal Lost Attempting to reconnect". I had Sirius XM reset my radio, which then had all the channels above 500 disappear. Navigation map is still off by 20 miles.
Is this an OnStar issue that tracks my location? I did the assist button, but it told me to call for services to be activate - I had canceled Gardian services after the free promotion in 2020 so that's not the issue. Sorry for the long-winded discussion. Trying to find a direction from this group

Here's an update. Took vehicle into Ram Dealer. They ran diagnostics ($185) and determined the radio had lost its ICCID and can no longer read location. Recommend replacing radio and retesting ($1192.50).

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tried a radio reset?

jsalbre

Reaction score
Here's an update. Took vehicle into Ram Dealer. They ran diagnostics ($185) and determined the radio had lost its ICCID and can no longer read location. Recommend replacing radio and retesting ($1192.50).
Sounds like they’re just making things up. An ICCID is just the serial number of a SIM card, as used by the cellular modem in the system. I don’t see how it’s possible for it to lose that. It also has nothing to do with the GPS.

hueofheather

Reaction score
Sounds like they’re just making things up. An ICCID is just the serial number of a SIM card, as used by the cellular modem in the system. I don’t see how it’s possible for it to lose that. It also has nothing to do with the GPS.
My GPS is hundreds of miles off, reliability is None. I think this is a very common problem but other than replacement I’m not sure of a solution

jsalbre

Reaction score
My GPS is hundreds of miles off, reliability is None. I think this is a very common problem but other than replacement I’m not sure of a solution
My suggestions would be to make sure you’re on the latest software, factory reset the system, and then as one last overkill step, disconnect the battery for 30 minutes to make sure that absolutely every module in the truck has restarted.

Because of how GPS works It would be nearly impossible for the system to have an issue outside of software (that would be resolved by a an upgrade and reset) that would cause the gps location to be in the wrong place without actually causing it to not function at all.

hueofheather

Reaction score
I called u-connect. They are supposed to call me and perhaps walk me through some steps. I will report back

Users who are viewing this thread