Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Son calls this the OMS

Ron045

Reaction score
OMS (Old Man Step)

I sure am glad this came with my new truck. I think it was part of the bed utility group package. I must have used it a dozen times yesterday installing my tonneau cover. I can't imagine trying to climb into the back of the truck without it.

Ron
IMG_20220116_082444.jpg

Darkside

Reaction score
OMS (Old Man Step)

I sure am glad this came with my new truck. I think it was part of the bed utility group package. I must have used it a dozen times yesterday installing my tonneau cover. I can't imagine trying to climb into the back of the truck without it.

Ron
View attachment 30125
I absolutely love mine!!! I have seen a lot of dealer ordered trucks with the bed liner and bed lights, but they don’t get the bed utility group so it’s missing the step… Doesn’t make any sense, cost for the bed utility group is only $30 more than the liner and lights together, but I know that step costs a lot more than $30 to add it later. Personally I absolutely love my bed step and use it all the time.

woody284

Reaction score
Well worth its price before or after. It’s saved me more that one time when the old back acts up. I use it when I put the boat in the water to step from ground to trailer so I don’t get wet too.

sanda

Reaction score
I really have a problem with my step. Half the time I climb in the bed and then realize I should have used that damn step. Maybe I will start remembering its there.

Drumminguy81

Reaction score
Anybody have one they dont use/want? I would love to have one. But hopeing to spend a little less than the $350 they want for one new.. seems a bit steep for a small step..

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Love mine and use it all the time. When I went to order, I wanted the bed liner and LED lights. Figured a few more bucks and get the step in case I need it. Well boy do I need it. Use it every time I climb into the bed.

Linked4door

Reaction score
Anybody have one they dont use/want? I would love to have one. But hopeing to spend a little less than the $350 they want for one new.. seems a bit steep for a small step..

I looked for a while for a cheap oem one, and gave up and got one made by Amp research. It's $280 on amazon. The step is wider than oem, but doesn't have the extra wing to help kick it down with out hitting the bumper with your foot if you're not careful.

Drumminguy81

Reaction score
I looked for a while for a cheap oem one, and gave up and got one made by Amp research. It's $280 on amazon. The step is wider than oem, but doesn't have the extra wing to help kick it down with out hitting the bumper with your foot if you're not careful.
I dont care for the amp research, the oem tucks away a lot cleaner. I prefer not to have it sticking out as much.

Truckman

Reaction score
I love having that step too, but still carry the 2 step step stool have been using for the last 14 years. Knees are too bad to be jumping and climbing any more.

McHenry2500

Reaction score
I bought mine off the dealer lot and didn't know I had the step till a few weeks later. Absolutely one of the best features. Makes getting in the bed so much easier.

jetrinka

Reaction score
I installed one a couple weeks ago and absolutely love it. I embrace my old-man-ness!!! And I feel super cool kicking it out and back in

GBB

Reaction score
Took mine off soon as I got it home…won’t work with camper tie downs

jleonard

Reaction score
I added the Amp step to mine.

Attachments

• IMG_2427.JPG
    IMG_2427.JPG
    641.4 KB · Views: 27

Users who are viewing this thread