Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Order and Purchase from Tuttle-Click Ram in Irvine California

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
I spoke with Ron 2 times/ not a fan of him. He had an attitude acting like his deals are the best and he’s borderline rude. I won’t deal with any SoCal dealers, they are all garbage. Mark dodge’s attitude is the best- Aaron and Anthony are good people, no bs and very polite.

RockaRhyme

Reaction score
this story reminds me a bit of my experience buying an RV from camping world some years ago. Our sales person, who had been the nicest guy in the whole world up to this point, was making his extended warranty pitch and I had read up on the it ahead of time and so said "no thanks". the sales guy kept pushing and I kept saying "no thanks" and eventually he looked at my wife and said something to the affect of "these things are built like crap and your husband is a dumb ass if he things he can fix anything. are you going to let this happen?" again, he didn't say exactly that, it's been years and my memory is fuzzy, but it was in that vein and equally unkind and outlandish.

After she said no he was dead silent while he finished up the paperwork and then got up without a word and literally ran-walked out of the office. I think he was actually trying to leave us behind so he could tell the sales manager that we hadn't bought the warranty, but of course my wife and I were power walking after him trying to keep up... we had no clue what was happening and so were like "ok, we're running now. WTF is happening?" and so we did overhear him. The sales manager didn't seem to care.

I used to work retail and we were put under enormous pressure to sell warranties and of course there was "big money" in it around bonuses for us... like, I get it, but the whole thing was so surreal. I just was so flabbergasted by him and his comment to my wife I couldn't even be angry about it in the moment. it was nuts. He musta owed money to some bad men or something.

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
Camping world is the dregs of the RV industry. It operates to scam new buyers, both sales and service. Their store isn't too bad but its pricey. The RV industry is a whole different animal, it operates like in the 1960's automotive world. If the auto manufacters operated like RV manufacturers, they would be in jail or out of business due to poor products and safety issues.

Both industries sales work the same- sales people and finance people make nice commissions on bending you over at most dealers. They are not your friends. That's one of the reasons finance guys are one of the highest paid people at dealers.

For example, my FIL just bought a new Buick. The dealer's GM is honestly a nice guy and has helped him out many times. I told him dont buy a warranty, go to this GM site and buy the factory warranty from them- here are the prices!!!

He paid $1200 more for an aftermarket warranty from them and I said, WTF were you thinking. Moral of the story is the finance guy said "this is the family deal, great price". You can bring a horse to water but you can't make them drink it.

RichM752

Reaction score
The first mistake was going to Camping World. I rest my case.

RockaRhyme

Reaction score
The first mistake was going to Camping World. I rest my case.
For sure. they were the only dealer within reasonable driving distance with the camper we were looking for, but of course I did my research and was expecting a bad experience... another reason I didn't really react when the guy blew up. I knew it was gonna suck, but they had actually been wonderful up to that point. I remember telling my wife the days before some of the horror stories I had heard and that our job was to get in and out without spending any more money or time than was necessary. We might of well been wearing full suits of armor when we walked through the doors.

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
Your story reminds me of a time when I was 18 and my parents house needed a new HVAC unit, we got a few quotes from local contractors and they were sky high, like 16-20k. Mind you a 2 bed 1 bath home in 2004ish.

I said hey let’s see what Home Depot is so they sent some sales guy out. Quoted us 30k! Said sorry too much. Dropped to 25k. Wouldn’t take no, dropped to 20k, then to 18k. When we said sorry no we will think about it. He started on an tangent about how when he was a teen like me, the girls didn’t like him so he didn’t get the pleasure of girls and it hurt his self esteem and really needs to be successful so he doesn’t need to be alone the rest of his life since playing alone isn’t fun. Mind you the guy was in his late 30s. Super rude and disrespectful—-I didn’t know if I should hit him or laugh. My father got up and said ok it’s time for you to leave, we have things to do.

Sorry off topic but salesmen’s angles can be so weird at times.

Reaction score
I spoke with Ron 2 times/ not a fan of him. He had an attitude acting like his deals are the best and he’s borderline rude. I won’t deal with any SoCal dealers, they are all garbage. Mark dodge’s attitude is the best- Aaron and Anthony are good people, no bs and very polite.
Sorry about your experience with Rob. There’s a lot of dealerships in Southern California. It must of taken you days, if not weeks to speak to every one. My experience was the opposite of yours. From the time I first made contact with him, he was polite, friendly, and a joy to engage with. He answered all questions I posed to him and never disparaged any other dealers. He had a Lyft waiting for me when I arrived at John Wayne International Airport that drove me to Tuttle. While going over preliminary paperwork, I had failed to complete my Tread Lightly discount application. Instead of getting angry, he graciously helped me with the paperwork. Was never impatient or rude in any way.

The sales/finance manager who actually did all the paperwork to complete the sales transaction was a different story. He did everything he could to get me to buy an extended warranty. He wasn’t the most congenial fellow, to say the least. I politely declined every offer he made to me and patiently went through my session with him, until we were finished.

Rob had the truck waiting for me in the parking lot. He had filled the tank with Chevron gas and had the truck washed and cleaned. Not a scratch on the exterior and the interior was spotless. Rob sat with me in the truck and went over as many applications to the truck he could.
I had a 500 mile drive home, so I told him I would figure things out after I returned home.

I would definitely consider another purchase at Tuttle-Click, as long as Rob is still working there.

Last edited:

jebruns

Reaction score
Your story reminds me of a time when I was 18 and my parents house needed a new HVAC unit, we got a few quotes from local contractors and they were sky high, like 16-20k. Mind you a 2 bed 1 bath home in 2004ish.

I said hey let’s see what Home Depot is so they sent some sales guy out. Quoted us 30k! Said sorry too much. Dropped to 25k. Wouldn’t take no, dropped to 20k, then to 18k. When we said sorry no we will think about it. He started on an tangent about how when he was a teen like me, the girls didn’t like him so he didn’t get the pleasure of girls and it hurt his self esteem and really needs to be successful so he doesn’t need to be alone the rest of his life since playing alone isn’t fun. Mind you the guy was in his late 30s. Super rude and disrespectful—-I didn’t know if I should hit him or laugh. My father got up and said ok it’s time for you to leave, we have things to do.

Sorry off topic but salesmen’s angles can be so weird at times.
Reminds of a story. I wanted to replace my HVAC in my house in MN. It was not giving me trouble, but it was 20+ years old and I didn't want trouble with in the severe winters up there. I had a buddy that owned an HVAC company. I rode dirt bikes with him, had been on a couple of trips, had him out to the house, a buddy. So I get an estimate from him. It was like $8-9K. Seemed high. This was 20 years ago. So I called a well known HVAC company to give me another estimate. Somewhere around $5K for the same work/equipment. I told my buddy about it, as I felt bad I wasn't going with him. He says "Oh, we can do it for that. Same equipment I'd already estimated for you.". WTH?! I let him do the work and he did a good job, but we were just shocked he was so willing to rip us off. He acted like it was no big deal.

RockaRhyme

Reaction score
Reminds of a story. I wanted to replace my HVAC in my house in MN. It was not giving me trouble, but it was 20+ years old and I didn't want trouble with in the severe winters up there. I had a buddy that owned an HVAC company. I rode dirt bikes with him, had been on a couple of trips, had him out to the house, a buddy. So I get an estimate from him. It was like $8-9K. Seemed high. This was 20 years ago. So I called a well known HVAC company to give me another estimate. Somewhere around $5K for the same work/equipment. I told my buddy about it, as I felt bad I wasn't going with him. He says "Oh, we can do it for that. Same equipment I'd already estimated for you.". WTH?! I let him do the work and he did a good job, but we were just shocked he was so willing to rip us off. He acted like it was no big deal.
I had a buddy that ran a garage in the area some time ago and had been taking my car to him for a couple of years... this was more than 25 years ago now. His wife was a friend and coworker of my mother's. Really liked and trusted the guy and his employees. Took my car there one time to have something fixed, I don't even remember what... it wasn't much, I remember. Estimate was under a hundred. He kept the car a couple days longer than we had discussed and when I showed up the bill was north of $600 and they had fixed things way outside of what needed doing. I was 17 at the time and $600 was about every dollar I had... its dumb luck I had the money at all, cause I was still living with my parents and working 15 hours or so a week after school and on weekends... so the little bit of money coming in was going toward the the stupid stuff teenagers do.

I never spoke with him again. Found out later the garage had been struggling and it went out of business not long after. If he had just said something about needing extra work, I woulda thrown him a bone that I could have afforded. It's a shock whenever someone takes advantage of your trust. Now in my 40's I've been disappointed by other folks so many times I just expect poor customer service and workmanship. It doesn't take much to impress me these days... holy crap you tightened every lug nut?! 10/10! You smoothed the caulk around that window?! 10/10!

Users who are viewing this thread