Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Heap

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
I never started a build thread. I thought I should start recording what I have done to my truck before my memory starts to fail me.

Truck: 2020 2500 Laramie CC with the Cummins. Flame Red Night Edition
Truck is being built primarily for hitting the deserts of the Southwest and camping. Very little towing.

The stock platform. Suspension ordered.
Stock sm - Copy.jpg

First Mod: Amp steps. I had Amp steps on my 2007 for 13 years without a hiccup. When we test drove trucks there were two trucks that had problems with the factory power steps so they were removed from our list of options we wanted. Very happy with the install. The Amp steps are very solid and tuck up farther than the factory power steps.

amp steps sm - Copy.jpg

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
CJC website said up to 5 weeks for the Raceline Avenger wheels I wanted. They arrived the next evening so it was time to start looking for tires even though the suspension was still months away from arriving.

raceline boxes - Copy.jpg

Yokohama tires have always worked well for me. The X-AT was at the top of my list. My second choice was Toyo MT. Discount Tires had the Yoko X-ATs in just a couple of days. After a bit of trimming to the liner and the pinch weld, the tires were installed.

37x12.50x17 Yokohama X-AT on Raceline Avenger 17x9 +20mm offset

new shoes 1 sm - Copy.jpg

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
I find the stock Alpine sound system is decent if you ignore the poor sound quality Sirius XM. Some of the Sirius XM stations are way over-compressed, With other sources the Alpine system sounds much better, however, it was still missing some of the highs. After doing some research I decide to invest in some Infinity reference speakers for the dash. The dash speakers are just midrange and I wanted some tweeters up there. The install was easy with Crutchfield providing the wire adapters for free. The sound is much more lively now with the replacement of the corner dash speakers. There is still a middle dash speaker I may change out. Too bad the speakers are only sold in pairs LOL. I did have to move my fader more toward the rear speakers to achieve the sound I wanted. I like the sound now and I think I will leave it alone for a while.

Infinity reference dash3.jpg

Infinity reference dash1.jpg Infinity reference dash2.jpg

gimmie11s

Reaction score
I like the post on the speaker upgrades. I'll be looking at this also when my truck arrives.

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
After 5 months of waiting, my Carli suspension kit came in. Part of the wait was my fault. I decide to upgrade from their Pintop with 2.5" Kings to their Dominator kit a couple of months after I placed the order. I have always done suspension installs on my trucks and Jeeps myself. This time I decided to have it done for me. Dan at Carli suggested I come in and have it done in their R&D bay. I knew I could trust the installer at Carli to do it right. The Dominator kit requires some welding. Among other things, the front shock mounts need to be strengthened and the rear shocks get out boarded on the frame. Dan and his team did a fantastic job. I am very happy with the results. The truck looks and drives so much better. My wife drove it home from their shop and was grinning ear to ear when she got home. I am glad the change received her seal of approval.

Poser shot at Carli

At Carli sm.jpg

Rear out boarded King 3.0
rear shocks.jpg

Front King 3.0. The old joke used to be are your shocks bigger than a coke can? LOL

ram clearance - Copy sm.jpg king front.jpg

Parts are parts. How long will these sit on the side of the house?
parts is parts.jpg

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
There have been a lot of diesel trucks stolen in my area of SoCal. I wasn't as concerned before I did the mods. If it had disappeared I would have let the insurance company deal with it. After all the work I decided I would add the Ravelco demobilizing system to hopefully keep it where I parked it. I know it won't keep a professional with a tow truck from dragging it away. I am not too worried about it disappearing at my house but the trucks just spends so much time at the mall I get a little worried. LOL

Pretty sure I heard a groan from the installer when he saw how tall the truck was. He was prepared with a step though.
Install Revelco sm.jpg

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
I know! It has been driving me bonkers! It is on the list.
I think you have influenced me to ditch my center caps. I run them because they have the logo on them and I like to rep for my buddies company. But, your wheels are similar to mine (if you take my caps out of the picture) and they look great without caps. Added benefit is that they will match my rock crawler beadlocks which are the same wheels but the street version have center caps

edit: I did it! Lol

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread