Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My first Ram…Not my last

NewRamGuy

Reaction score
Hello everyone. As a very longtime Ford owner, I decided it was time for a change. I traded in my 2018 F-250 with 318K miles (not a typo, I do RV transport) for a beautiful 3500 DRW 4X4 Long Horn Sport. I’ve had it for two months now and just turned 16K miles. As much as it makes me want to grit my teeth and bite my tongue I have no regrets jumping off the Ford ship. This truck has been great!!! The only feature I miss from my F-250 is the touch pad on the driver door post. I used that almost exclusively to unlock the doors. I’d like to see Ram add that in the future. That’s nitpicking, admittedly. Anyway, very glad to be here!!!

Bearman95

Reaction score
Maybe you should have gotten the passive door locks and then all you would have to do is touch the door handle as long as the fob is in your pocket

Nick

Reaction score
Hello everyone. As a very longtime Ford owner, I decided it was time for a change. I traded in my 2018 F-250 with 318K miles (not a typo, I do RV transport) for a beautiful 3500 DRW 4X4 Long Horn Sport. I’ve had it for two months now and just turned 16K miles. As much as it makes me want to grit my teeth and bite my tongue I have no regrets jumping off the Ford ship. This truck has been great!!! The only feature I miss from my F-250 is the touch pad on the driver door post. I used that almost exclusively to unlock the doors. I’d like to see Ram add that in the future. That’s nitpicking, admittedly. Anyway, very glad to be here!!!
Glad you are happy with it . Hopefully it will give you as good a service life as your Ford did .

NewRamGuy

Reaction score
Maybe you should have gotten the passive door locks and then all you would have to do is touch the door handle as long as the fob is in your pocket
Actually a very good idea, unfortunately with the current buying climate I had to weigh cost vs options on what was coming in. I purchased from a build sheet because all available trucks fell into one of two categories: Extremely under-optioned, (so called ‘bare-bones’) or Extremely over-optioned. I have no use for either considering the amount of miles I rack up.

Great White North Eh

Squish Cat - And So
Reaction score
You came out of the dark…to the light.;) Welcome aboard and your need to rack up miles makes your opinions/ findings insightfull.

Users who are viewing this thread