Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My disappointment with the 4.5 GEN RAM

Cherny780

Reaction score
When I drive long distances, I like to move the seat back. I can't with my new Ram because the steering wheel doesn't move. And, it just makes for a more perfect position when driving. And I agree about the pedals, but, the steering is the same, once set, forget about it. Ram doesn't offer the opportunity to adjust it. Not a deal-breaker, but what is wrong with it?
Totally understand. I guess it would be a nice to have. Anything extra for the price we pay

Daybreak

Reaction score
Howdy,
The telescoping steering wheel is like many other things. You set it up when you first get it, and your done.
Let's see
adjustable steering wheel
adjustable pedals
adjustable seat
radio stations
setting up the Uconnect the first time, then you don't make tons of changes.
great when brand new, after a week, your done. :D

MrMopar

Reaction score
I disagree with you regarding the chrome bumpers (that's why we get to option them). I wanted to make sure my truck had them as I hate painted bumpers. Too easy to pick up rock chips and it is hard to get bugs off without ruining the paint. My F350 Platinum had painted bumpers and I wished they were chrome.
Mine are Powder Coated Black on my Power Wagon...shouldn't get road rash.

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
So, I found a 2020 RAM 3500 Tradesman that checks all the boxes but the spray in liner and tow technology group.

I do not really need the TTG but would like it and the spray in can easily be done.

BUT, it still really bothers me that they dropped the rear in floor storage and the mini floor console.

I know, stupid of me. But, I guess I can use that as my excuse to continue to wait to see the answer to the 7.3 furd. But I really want that 8spd behind my 392

1FastHemi

Reaction score
BTW, There is a thread somewhere on this forum from a while back where somebody added the in floor storage to his truck as his trim level came without it. If I remember correctly the hole is already in the floor and all he had to do after getting the parts was to pull the carpet back and remove the plate covering the hole (check under the truck, I think you can see where the hole for them is). Then trim the carpet and pad, Install the parts and you now have the Floor Storage.

I wanted my truck to be able to turn in a smaller circle, so I modified it.

I wanted the rear seat back to fold down on my CC, I did the Back Seat Mod and now I have. it.

I don't think any manufacturer out there can build a vehicle that can make everyone happy. I just bought the closest thing and then started modifying it. Now I'm a lot happier with it. Check my signature out below for my Mods, I'm still working to get them all done, just a few more to go.

As far as the version 4.5 deal, isn't the bed the same as the version 4 as well ?

Edited: Spelling Errors

Last edited:

Speedracer93CobraR

Reaction score
Also, the telescopic steering wheel is the 1 thing I really wish my truck had. I almost didn't buy it because of that missing feature. Seems like a small thing, right?
Well, I am 6'7" and to scoot the seat back far enough for my knees to not be hitting the dash, the steering wheel gets really far away so I find myself either reaching at full extension to the wheel or crowding my legspace. The truck I got rid of had them beat on that feature.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
the in floor storage holes are in the floor pan. you'd just have to cut those out.

JohnandDonna

Reaction score
Got our first RAM this year specifically because of the MegaCab and the high level of the cab interior. Use it to tow a 30' travel trailer and find this truck not only to be fully capable but extremely comfortable.

Huskerz1

Reaction score
I don't get all this bit(h1ng about how old the cab is. I've owned my 07 Mega Cab since new. I don't trade often. I own'em for a long time. This cab will be new to me. If FCA comes out with a new cab next year then so what. I swear, some people want to upgrade their truck as often as they do their iphone.

PGHChris81

Reaction score
As far as the cab, it may be not the roomiest in the back seat but it is definitely the nicest in it's class. Structure may be the same, but they have definitely spruced it up. It pales in comparison to the Ford, and it blows GM out of the water. I also noticed how much quieter and "vault" like it is when I drive down the road than what my Ford was. I am so far impressed as a first time Ram owner. No vehicle will ever be perfect and they all come with their quirks and issues. I have owned a lot of cars and trucks in my day and this one seems very nice. Time will tell.

1FastHemi

Reaction score
Where is the info. on the folding rear seat setup?

Here is a post I made here when I did my Back Seat Mod. Also, just do a search and you will find a lot of info on this.

Squatch

Reaction score
620646D0-A7E1-489B-9DC5-7757F481E57A.jpegUnderside of panel, shot from under truck, that can be removed to add the underfoot storage in the second row.

lovegolf44

Reaction score
Also, the telescopic steering wheel is the 1 thing I really wish my truck had. I almost didn't buy it because of that missing feature. Seems like a small thing, right?
Well, I am 6'7" and to scoot the seat back far enough for my knees to not be hitting the dash, the steering wheel gets really far away so I find myself either reaching at full extension to the wheel or crowding my legspace. The truck I got rid of had them beat on that feature.
So did you play forward or guard in college? lol

Vapor567

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Ram 2500 6.4. My small complaints are with the Big Horn I have no lumbar or seat height adjustment. Wish the rear middle seat was a full seat as well. Besides that, I absolutely love driving the truck. Smoothest transmission I've ever owned, quiet cab, great towing truck, averaging 16.5 mixed.

Users who are viewing this thread