Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My CP4 appears to be wet and leaking? Anyone else? Should I be worried?

relbus

Reaction score
f9d156f36738ffb3e6defea6ae2b35ab.jpg

Changing my filters after work this evening and noticed the pump is all wet and appears to be leaking/seeping. Anyone else seen this? 40k on it, no recall parts yet and now this. Should I be worried and park it? I’d rather not deal with a failed pump, I’d be nice to have the recall done before a failure.

I’m supposed to drive to Nashville in the morning to grab a vintage ski boat. Trying to decide if it’s safe to take it. Opinions?

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
f9d156f36738ffb3e6defea6ae2b35ab.jpg

Changing my filters after work this evening and noticed the pump is all wet and appears to be leaking/seeping. Anyone else seen this? 40k on it, no recall parts yet and now this. Should I be worried and park it? I’d rather not deal with a failed pump, I’d be nice to have the recall done before a failure.

I’m supposed to drive to Nashville in the morning to grab a vintage ski boat. Trying to decide if it’s safe to take it. Opinions?
Are you sure its fuel leaking? And the CP4 fails internally not externally so id drive it no worries and the dealer can fix you up when you get back

Blythkd1

Reaction score
I agree. The CP4 failure issue involves tiny shards of metal spalling off inside the pump and travelling throughout your entire fuel system, has nothing to do with leaks. If I needed to use the truck, I'd drive it. If the leak becomes a drip or a stream, then get it to the dealer.

Great White North Eh

Squish Cat - And So
Reaction score
With the price of fuel I would wire a coffee can under there. Hey that’s probably $5 of diesel sweat right there. :) Seriously though maybe give it a gentle wash down and see if you can determine where it’s coming from. If it’s low pressure location it should be ok for a while.

relbus

Reaction score
I have a hotsy at the shop I’ll clean it up tomorrow and watch to see how fast it comes back. Definitely wasn’t like this last filter change.
So far so good today…
49726587ad0ef5906d5bed5898354931.jpg

Lift89

Reaction score
Spray a little simple green in it and clean it with a small brush and rinse it lightly. Maybe you can pin point the leak.

Oil or diesel smell? Or both?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread