Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My CP3 conversion.

Gill4321

Reaction score
I have a 2019 3500 HO DRW I went ahead and did a CP3 conversion. I went with the S&S Diesel no tune CP3. I purchased the kit through Injectors Direct. It was straight forward and pretty easy with great instructions. I'll Post some pictures I have.

Attachments

• 20210106_143405.jpg
    20210106_143405.jpg
    373.8 KB · Views: 96
  • 20210107_085130.jpg
    20210107_085130.jpg
    482.2 KB · Views: 90
  • 20210107_095609.jpg
    20210107_095609.jpg
    395.6 KB · Views: 93
  • 20210107_101936.jpg
    20210107_101936.jpg
    411.8 KB · Views: 94
  • 20210107_102708.jpg
    20210107_102708.jpg
    340.9 KB · Views: 91
  • 20210107_114528.jpg
    20210107_114528.jpg
    434.9 KB · Views: 88
  • 20210107_114631.jpg
    20210107_114631.jpg
    317.3 KB · Views: 88
  • 20210107_124828.jpg
    20210107_124828.jpg
    483.9 KB · Views: 93

gimmie11s

Reaction score
I took a peek at the website and it looks like $2700 for the no tune conversion. Seems like an obvious choice for 19/20 guys!

Highcountry

Reaction score
I took a peek at the website and it looks like $2700 for the no tune conversion. Seems like an obvious choice for 19/20 guys!
Ideally Ram would allow such conversions without voiding any part of the warranty. They should actually be installing it but.................

Gill4321

Reaction score
Ideally Ram would allow such conversions without voiding any part of the warranty. They should actually be installing it but.................
I would never let those guys at the Stealership touch my truck unless its way out of my league such as replacing electrical or interior electrical components. Even then..... Ram did drop the ball with the CP4.

crawlex

Reaction score
Very cool. I am glad to find DIYers getting this done themselves.

I wish Ram would just tell us if they are stiffing us or not so more of us could get on with converting it ourselves... I hate waiting in limbo.

Gill4321

Reaction score
I would never let the monkeys at the stealership work on my stuff.

Wmhjr

Reaction score
I would never let those guys at the Stealership touch my truck unless its way out of my league such as replacing electrical or interior electrical components. Even then..... Ram did drop the ball with the CP4.

My belief is that you would be the minority. But even with that, I would not want 5 years of warranty to evaporate if the tranny went. Or pretty much anything else serious.

Bozo

Self-banned
Reaction score
My belief is that you would be the minority. But even with that, I would not want 5 years of warranty to evaporate if the tranny went. Or pretty much anything else serious.
They couldn’t void the warranty on a tranny for something unrelated, they might try, but you would win in the end. That said, there is something inherently wrong with having to do this on a $60-90k truck. Come on FCA, step up!

Wmhjr

Reaction score
They couldn’t void the warranty on a tranny for something unrelated, they might try, but you would win in the end. That said, there is something inherently wrong with having to do this on a $60-90k truck. Come on FCA, step up!

Sorry I don't agree. They can try to do whatever they want. Yes, you can fight. Yes, you may win. Or not. But it would take time, energy and perhaps money to do that. I think most people would not want to do that.

gimmie11s

Reaction score
Sorry I don't agree. They can try to do whatever they want. Yes, you can fight. Yes, you may win. Or not. But it would take time, energy and perhaps money to do that. I think most people would not want to do that.

The trans might be a "gray area" due to it being directly related to the motor, but they cannot void your entire bumper to bumper, or even the powertrain warranty because you swapped a CP3, or tuned your motor, or did anything to your motor really. I.E, they cannot fail to honor the warranty on a prematurely worn driver's seat bolster because you tuned your truck. Doesnt work that way. Read up on the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act.

Bozo

Self-banned
Reaction score
Which is precisely why these companies always try to deny responsibility. Americans seem to have lost the will to fight. Yes, there would be an out if they could prove abuse, but as far as just the presence of a footprint, that is not proof positive. Yes, it may seem futile, but with enough “protest” and threats of class actions, companies fold quicker than a house of cards. That being said, each person can make their own decision and we can agree to disagree.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Which is precisely why these companies always try to deny responsibility. Americans seem to have lost the will to fight. Yes, there would be an out if they could prove abuse, but as far as just the presence of a footprint, that is not proof positive. Yes, it may seem futile, but with enough “protest” and threats of class actions, companies fold quicker than a house of cards. That being said, each person can make their own decision and we can agree to disagree.

Getting 16 yo SJW's interested in your cause is the only way to blow things up and exert cancel culture on a company to get them to "fold."

That or just ask for ID.

Wmhjr

Reaction score
Well, since I've been down that road myself, I know that even doing this means either you wait without a vehicle for some time (which is not an option) or take your chances and continue pushing - and yet (happened with GM) still find yourself in a tough place. They don't have to "prove" anything. They do what they want. YOU have to prove otherwise - which takes time and money. I have neither the time nor money. Didn't buy a truck to be a warrior for justice.

gimmie11s

Reaction score
Getting 16 yo SJW's interested in your cause is the only way to blow things up and exert cancel culture on a company to get them to "fold."

That or just ask for ID.

lmao!! truth right here

Bozo

Self-banned
Reaction score
I am not trying to be a warrior for justice for anybody but myself, of course I will always fight when I feel I have been screwed over. I have worked for many companies over the years and when push comes to shove, they quietly want to settle rather than have a long, drawn out case, which drove me nuts because company had no fault in the owners stupidity except to have had a product in the customers home. I use nice up until they go to give me the shaft, then I gets mad and persistent. I refuse to be a sheep.

Wmhjr

Reaction score
I am not trying to be a warrior for justice for anybody but myself, of course I will always fight when I feel I have been screwed over. I have worked for many companies over the years and when push comes to shove, they quietly want to settle rather than have a long, drawn out case, which drove me nuts because company had no fault in the owners stupidity except to have had a product in the customers home. I use nice up until they go to give me the shaft, then I gets mad and persistent. I refuse to be a sheep.

Lol. Ever dealt with GM? It may be that your definition of what a "push come to shove" is. I can tell you that I pushed HARD. REALLY HARD. Through many avenues. Did I get a small concession? Sure. Did they make it right? Nope. Not even remotely close. Over a period of many months.

It's dangerous to give people advice that could end up costing them a ton of money based on anecdotal information. The reality is that the business in question "MIGHT" fold. And they might not. It is absolutely a false statement to say that they will always "quietly want to settle". There are probably literally millions of examples where in fact that has not been the case. Is it possible that even more money and time in some of those situations would have finally yielded results? Sure. Is it also true that in many of those cases there was plenty of legal action but no yielded results. Sure.

The level of comfort somebody has to do this has to be based on their situation, and the FACT that there is no promise or guarantee that they will or will not get what they want. It is ALL a risk that they need to balance with their own situation. It's not about being a sheep. It's about being unemotional and practical.

While you may disagree, it is very easy to make the calculation look like this for the CP4 thing. You have to weigh the added $3000 expense (plus labor of you can't do it yourself) combined with the possible impacts of at least some warranty being voided for powertrain. IF FCA is willing to try and shaft a CP4 customer with claims of "bad fuel" (which we factually know they have tried) then it's hardly a stretch to think that they may well try to void a warranty for a CP3 conversion related to anything either powertrain or emissions. And in that case, at the very least you'd be delayed in resolving the issue - no doubt there. You "may" prevail and get the warranty claim honored but it would at least take longer and is absolutely not a certainty. That has to be weighed against the perceived risk of a CP4 failure (which may well not happen).

It's not a slam dunk.

Users who are viewing this thread