Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My attempt to cover all (a lot) scenarios build

BoatieTX

Reaction score
Thought I would start a build thread since I have posted in other sections for different pieces of this build. So here we go:

2022 3500 Longhorn Limited Megacab

Current
- Carli Pintop 3.25" with add-a-packs, Thuren active rate sway
- CJC Raceline Avenger wheels w/ 37-13.50 Ridge Grapplers
-Baja Squadron fog lights (installed in stock bumper)
- Diamondback HD cover
- Yakima Overhaul HD
- Rhino basket
- Deckd drawers (not currently installed) removed for an elk trip upcoming
- AEV front and rear bumpers (not installed) Have had no time to assemble them

Goal has been to be able to still work out of it (construction), tow a skid steer, etc. and be functional offroad for camping and hunting and general playing.

BoatieTX

Reaction score
INstalling the Yakima and basket. Ended up having to build some custom brackets to make the basket work with the Yakima. Even enlisted my boys for the fun crawl around fit up. Ha

Attachments

• IMG-9020.jpg
    IMG-9020.jpg
    727.9 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG-9017.jpg
    IMG-9017.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG-9016.jpg
    IMG-9016.jpg
    398 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG-9013.jpg
    IMG-9013.jpg
    622.4 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG-9012.jpg
    IMG-9012.jpg
    608.6 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG-8997.jpg
    IMG-8997.jpg
    630.5 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG-9021.jpg
    IMG-9021.jpg
    465.5 KB · Views: 51

BoatieTX

Reaction score
@BoatieTX How do you like the Carli add-a-pack? I’ve thought about it for my truck, but wonder if it makes that much of a difference for the money.
I can definitely tell a difference over stock. Especially driving unloaded. I am happy with them. Since I do tow, I think I am glad I didn't pop for the full progressives. Though I know now it would've pushed me straight to airbags.

jetrinka

Reaction score
Maybe I am blind and can't see the obvious but how in the world do you get into your Diamondback with the rack on top of it? Or is the topper just meant to completely seal up the Decked system?

BoatieTX

Reaction score
Maybe I am blind and can't see the obvious but how in the world do you get into your Diamondback with the rack on top of it? Or is the topper just meant to completely seal up the Decked system?
No. You are 100% correct and it's been a trade off. If I don't run the basket I can still lift each end of the topper. But with the basket its a no-go. Pain n the A. But everything is dry and locked down on a trip.

Which on another note of Deckd vs diamondback. I love them both and serve their purpose great. But I don't like them together. I wish I would've known or put more scenario thought into them before getting both. If I have both installed there is about 7" of space between the drawers and the topper. I can't even slide in laser level or tool bag. It's been a bummer. Because the thought I had for them was so amazing. LOL

BoatieTX

Reaction score
Also, I don't plan to run this set up regularly. This is Elk trip mode. Which in about 5 days when I set off we shall see what lessons learned come up.

Users who are viewing this thread