Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

mud flaps a good investment?

eljefe

Reaction score
Hey all. Debating on whether I should get mud flaps to help keep stuff from smacking my 5th wheel RV trailer. Thoughts and pics appreciated.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Standard mud flaps are mainly to help the truck, but do help a little on a trailer. If you want something just for the trailer look into something like the rock tamer flaps.

jadmt

Reaction score
Looks like you are running positive offset wheels so yes you need mud flaps.

DeadEnd

Reaction score
Like AH64ID said, get some rock tamers while you're towing and it will help keep a lot off the trailer. They work great with my 05 and 37's

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
You can make a set like i did aswell it cost me 40$ and even on dirt roads it keeps my trailer from getting dented from rocks and my tailgate from paint chips

Attachments

• 151C6DD1-A6D8-48B9-958F-D1BD9FB55C82.jpeg
    151C6DD1-A6D8-48B9-958F-D1BD9FB55C82.jpeg
    646 KB · Views: 48

unclelala

Reaction score
You can make a set like i did aswell it cost me 40$ and even on dirt roads it keeps my trailer from getting dented from rocks and my tailgate from paint chips
Sorry way off topic but, Noticed Peel dealership sticker and plates frame, I'm only 30km's from there, are they a good dealer ? do you take your truck there for work or recalls ? I don't like the dealers here in Brampton and looking for a good dealer. I went to Ontario Chysler who were not too bad but crammed busy. Appreciate any advice.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Sorry way off topic but, Noticed Peel dealership sticker and plates frame, I'm only 30km's from there, are they a good dealer ? do you take your truck there for work or recalls ? I don't like the dealers here in Brampton and looking for a good dealer. I went to Ontario Chysler who were not too bad but crammed busy. Appreciate any advice.
I bought from there and saved big never had any service done as im 600km from there but i will hands down deal with them again and even when i called asking about service they were very accommodating. They also are the Mark Dodge of canada they are the #1 dealership for sales in canada hence the great pricing.

I would not hesitate to deal with them if i were you!

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Mud flaps are not pretty. They don’t put something on to protect the front of campers? My trailer has diamond plate a few feet up the front of it to protect it. Maybe ppf would work?

unclelala

Reaction score
I bought from there and saved big never had any service done as im 600km from there but i will hands down deal with them again and even when i called asking about service they were very accommodating. They also are the Mark Dodge of canada they are the #1 dealership for sales in canada hence the great pricing.

I would not hesitate to deal with them if i were you!
600KM !!! .... Damn near Timmins ! :eek:

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Mud flaps are not pretty. They don’t put something on to protect the front of campers? My trailer has diamond plate a few feet up the front of it to protect it. Maybe ppf would work?
the diamond plate gets all dented up and looks ugly after a year or so unless you drive on all highway, and the rocks will bounce back and actually chip the tailgate paint

Nick

Reaction score
Hey all. Debating on whether I should get mud flaps to help keep stuff from smacking my 5th wheel RV trailer. Thoughts and pics appreciated.
U can either put permeant ones on or if you don't like the look you can buy the big ones that mount to your hitch and you can take them off when not towing. They provide the best protection also the most expensive . I have Huskys brand on mine . I tow and they work fair enough .

Users who are viewing this thread