Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More power after CP4 recall completed?

BTroupe

Reaction score
So I just got my 2019 2500 back from getting a whole slew of recalls done, with 2 possibly pertaining to this post. They replaced the CP4 and and did a pcm flash.
Everything seems fine but it seems to have a bit more pep in its step. ???? Maybe it's in my head, anyone else notice this or have more insight? Normally with a pcm flash I fear that they'd derate it. Just wondering.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
So I just got my 2019 2500 back from getting a whole slew of recalls done, with 2 possibly pertaining to this post. They replaced the CP4 and and did a pcm flash.
Everything seems fine but it seems to have a bit more pep in its step. ???? Maybe it's in my head, anyone else notice this or have more insight? Normally with a pcm flash I fear that they'd derate it. Just wondering.
Hello,

We appreciate your feedback. Please give it time to drive your vehicle around some more, if there's an issue, please send us a PM, our team would like to dig further into this for you.

William
Ram Cares

BTroupe

Reaction score
Hello,

We appreciate your feedback. Please give it time to drive your vehicle around some more, if there's an issue, please send us a PM, our team would like to dig further into this for you.

William
Ram Cares
Lol. Do you guys even read these, didn't say anything about having issues.

Great White North Eh

Squish Cat - And So
Reaction score
I guess happiness in your repair is perceived as possible dissatisfaction.:oops:
Only drove mine home an hour yesterday after conversion so not sure any performance improvement. I did notice the lack of rattling on start up :).

Redfour5

Reaction score
Hello,

William
Ram Cares
LOL, HE LIKES IT... He knows if he contacts you you will simply reduce his power and THEN he will have something to contact you about...

DontSlamMyRam

Reaction score
I'm around 1mo/1000mi on the new pump. The truck does seem to have some issues keeping the rear tires planted vs cp4. The off camber freeway entrance by work has become another hi point for quitting time. The low end seems improved, top end feels equal imo. Biggest improvement for me was in the transmission performance. But Mines a '19 & hadn't had any recalls/updates/dealer love since new. I can also say it's much quieter vs before!!

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm around 1mo/1000mi on the new pump. The truck does seem to have some issues keeping the rear tires planted vs cp4. The off camber freeway entrance by work has become another hi point for quitting time. The low end seems improved, top end feels equal imo. Biggest improvement for me was in the transmission performance. But Mines a '19 & hadn't had any recalls/updates/dealer love since new. I can also say it's much quieter vs before!!

If I'm not mistaken, 68RFE trucks use a combined PCM/TCM so the trans is probably in relearn mode due to the flash.

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
It could just be the newer flash. After I had the PCM replacement recall done on my '22 it's been a bit lighter on its feet empty. Literally the only change there was the replacement PCM (I was in one of the production runs with the bad batch) and the tech did comfirm the calibration flashed to it was newer. Comparing the '22 Lonestar we also have that didn't have to have the PCM replaced to my '22 Laramie, the lonestar always felt a bit more spirited until I had the recall done.

Users who are viewing this thread