Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar parts guy or gal you trust

Finn5033

Reaction score
Does anybody have a Mopar parts contact they trust and use that I could contact? I’m adding the heated steering wheel to my tradesman. I ordered what was supposed to be the correct wiring harness and since I didn’t use my vin I can’t return it. I want to order the wire harness from a place that I can talk to a person, tell them the part numbers for the clock spring and steering wheel I have and get the correct harness that works with them. The local dealers I call ask for a VIN and if you don’t give them that they say they can’t help without it. Thanks in advance

Chrisminx

Reaction score
Find a truck online with the options you want to add and give that vin to the parts clerk

Grateful Dad

Reaction score
I did this swap on my ‘21, I’ll see if I still have the bag for the wire harness in the box.

Finn5033

Reaction score
Find a truck online with the options you want to add and give that vin to the parts clerk
I found the VIN online for a big horn with heated seats and wheel. I entered that VIN on mopardiscountedparts.com. I searched steering wheel wiring and it comes up with three different part numbers. One of them is the same one that I bought which does not have the plugs on it for the heated steering wheel. When I search clock springs it also comes up with three different part numbers.

This is what I’m talking about, even with a proper VIN it is giving incorrect part numbers. How am I supposed to know if the part I’m ordering is correct?

The clock spring I ordered I called and they confirmed it was the correct one for heated steering wheel. I installed it and the esc light came on right away when I started driving so I don’t know if it’s the wrong part or if it was defective right out of the box.

Users who are viewing this thread