Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar hard tonneau cover for 2019 ram 2500hd

johanh13

Reaction score
So I am trying to find the hard tonneau cover for my RAM, but the local dealer tells me its being re-designed and previous models are out of stock. Does anyone have the Mopar hard cover on their 2500HD ? if so, can you post some photos and the part number ? Thanks in advance!

Madmax

Reaction score
I have one on my 2019. They are made by a company out of Michigan called Fold-A-Cover, which was an OEM supplier for both RAM and GM. Unfortunately they went under last year during the COVID shutdown. I had one on my last truck that was over 15 years old and still worked like a champ and looked new. They have one huge advantage that I like that many might consider a disadvantage. They fit on top of the bed rails so you don't loose any width in your bed. Many people like the clean flush look of the other covers, but to me I didn't want to lose any space. If you decide to purchase one of the remaining ones know that the bed rail attachment is a separate piece that must be ordered along with the cover. They are in extremely short supply, I had to have a person run a list of the remaining ones in stock around the country and then make calls from there to find it. The covers are in more plentiful supply, but it's worthless without the rails so shop accordingly if you decide to get one. The internet will show in stock everywhere but they are not, so don't believe what you see without calling to verify. The rail kit for a 6'4" bed is 82211301, and the cover is 82211298.

johanh13

Reaction score
I have one on my 2019. They are made by a company out of Michigan called Fold-A-Cover, which was an OEM supplier for both RAM and GM. Unfortunately they went under last year during the COVID shutdown. I had one on my last truck that was over 15 years old and still worked like a champ and looked new. They have one huge advantage that I like that many might consider a disadvantage. They fit on top of the bed rails so you don't loose any width in your bed. Many people like the clean flush look of the other covers, but to me I didn't want to lose any space. If you decide to purchase one of the remaining ones know that the bed rail attachment is a separate piece that must be ordered along with the cover. They are in extremely short supply, I had to have a person run a list of the remaining ones in stock around the country and then make calls from there to find it. The covers are in more plentiful supply, but it's worthless without the rails so shop accordingly if you decide to get one. The internet will show in stock everywhere but they are not, so don't believe what you see without calling to verify. The rail kit for a 6'4" bed is 82211301, and the cover is 82211298.
So my local dealer had the rail kit in stock, which I bought (part number 82211301). There was no hardware included in the paper tube the rails came in. The instructions show that it bolts on in the stake pocket holes. No luck on the cover itself.... thanks for your response!

Madmax

Reaction score
The missing hardware could be a problem. I can't remember if the hardware for the rails is with the rails or the cover, but I was thinking the rails. It just comes with 4 small clips and bolts that you cut the plastic stake pocket cover out and then it uses a special clip that attaches under the stake edge and snugs the rail down with a bolt. You could probably improvise something. The instructions tell you how to carefully cut the stake pocket hole so the rail covers it up, you don't just knock it out on the lines. You might be able to have your dealer do a nationwide search on the cover to find who has them left in inventory. When I got mine at Christmas there were plenty of covers but only about 3 of the rail kits within a 500 mile radius. Fortunately a dealer about an hour away had one so I got lucky since I had already purchased the cover. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread