Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar DEF supplies drying up?

b1lanc

Reaction score
Not a bad thing given their price but I was going to be passing by the local RAM dealer and thought I'd purchase 2.5 gal. None and they are sourcing their DEF from Autozone. They have an FCA memo warning of DEF shortages. Anyone seen the memo? No shortage of Def in the stores. A lot of misinformation about but the memo would be interesting read?

waveslayer

Reaction score
So what's the price ? What's the advantage? Why not buy from the pump for less?

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns

b1lanc

Reaction score
So what's the price ? What's the advantage? Why not buy from the pump for less?

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns
Price is $35 for 2.5 gal. BlueDef is $19-21. I only stuck with Mopar until my CP4 was replaced and in this case I'm low, getting a Titan tank put in and the dealer was on the way - other stores were not - just convenience this time. There are only two pump locations within 20 miles of home and the DEF pumps haven't worked at either one. On our recent trip, we always filled at truck stops with RV in tow.

Blythkd1

Reaction score
Bet they're not selling much at $14 a gallon, probably just as well they're out. I've been catching it around here for $10-11 a jug, which is about the same as the pump price. And it's been more convenient than finding it at the pump. I use the pumps too when I fuel at a big truckstop. It's been a touch over $4.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Mopar DEF is a joke any def is fine the cheaper the better there is nothing they can say about what def you used… if mopar made fuel would you only stop at the dealer for diesel? Never buy anything from the dealer unless you have no other choice there is no legal way it would hurt your warranty

Firebird

Reaction score
Cheapest jug price in my area is $14 at Walmart, but they are often out. Blue DEF is running $24
I just filled up at the truck stop last week, much cheaper.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Price is $35 for 2.5 gal. BlueDef is $19-21. I only stuck with Mopar until my CP4 was replaced and in this case I'm low, getting a Titan tank put in and the dealer was on the way - other stores were not - just convenience this time. There are only two pump locations within 20 miles of home and the DEF pumps haven't worked at either one. On our recent trip, we always filled at truck stops with RV in tow.

What on earth does the brand of DEF you use have to do with your CP4 pump that's lubricated by diesel fuel? They're more likely to blame the aftermarket fuel tank (if that's what you're on about.)

b1lanc

Reaction score
Just kept everything mopar and no mods until the CP4 was replaced which it was. Had my VP44 denied under warranty - why? Amsoil oil and oil filter by one, alleged use of biodiesel (NOT) by another. Burnt by Dodge before. As I said earlier, 20 miles to nearest pump and only attempt to fill there all truck lanes with DEF were blocked off -seemed a new tanker driver made an error. Two days later they were still closed. Not worth the extra fuel either. The price of mopar DEF is competitive with BlueDef at some dealers, not so much at others. Simply convenient stop only to find out they were out and using Autozone brand.

RichM752

Reaction score
Paid 3.99 per gallon for DEF at the pump a few days ago in Northern Calif.

Nick

Reaction score
Cosco sells Blue Def for 13.99 Bought it there a week ago .

Users who are viewing this thread