Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar Buy 3 get 1 tire promo?

SpeyRam

Reaction score
Think I saw someone mention this promo in another thread. Anyone else take advantage of it? When I checked it thru the Mopar website it looks like some brands prices are artificially inflated. In some cases + $100/tire. Haven’t done a ton of research tho.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Where’d you buy yours?
Tire shops generally since i no longer sell tires, i do have a tire machine so sometimes i buy off the internet but the dealers are typically 25%+ more than anywhere else for tires at any dealer i have seen

79 300

Reaction score
We just got 4 new Pirelli Scorpion AS plus 3 tires for my wife's Grand Cherokee from our local CJDR dealership. They were priced a little higher per tire than most online stores, but till you pay for the mounting and balancing at a local shop, the dealership was actually slightly better. Comparing some actual tire shops, the dealership price was better with the fourth tire being $1.00. Another plus is if I have a problem with one, it is much easier to take it back, and probably get immediate service or replacement.

Power247

Reaction score
I took advantage of this promo in the fall after picking up multiple nails in 2 tires. Definitely shop multiple dealerships if you can and call them directly. First I got a quote from the dealer next to work and it was ok but a little higher than I expected OTD considering one tire should have been $1. Next day I called the dealership in the next town and they were $250 cheaper OTD, same tire, same promo, everything.

Power247

Reaction score
Those three tires probably cost more than four at a place like Discount Tire.
In my case the 2nd dealership was about $100 cheaper than my local DT. Plus, I had horrible experience with that DT servicing the tires on my previous truck when I moved to the area. I get it that most have terrible dealership service experiences, I'm just lucky to have a good one near me.

Thisnthat

Reaction score
just picked up 4 tires for our run around car - discount tire was $1070 (without the certificates) and got the same tires for $830 at a local dealer. Price per tire was the same, mounting was slightly cheaper, one "free" $220 tire also saved $20 in taxes making up the difference.

The only other options that were cheaper than discount was two local tire shops, one was $950 and the other $1000...all places on the same tire

Did notice that in my area, the majority of dealers didn't have a price for tires online (said to contact them - I called I think two and almost hung up on both as they didn't seem too interested in selling anything). There were other dealers that had a price, but it was anywhere from ~10-15% higher than the lowest price I found. This could be a big part in anyone not finding this to be a "true deal" as the dealer with the best price wasn't in a big metroplex...could see where a larger dealer could definitely inflate the price some on their offerings. It did take about 5-10 mins the other night to find the lowest priced dealer in my area...so there's that, changing the dealer for pricing isn't a single click process.

Users who are viewing this thread