Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar Bed Liner

Tater86

Reaction score
For those that have gotten the Mopar bed liner from the factory what are you experiences with it? Is it just as good as lineX? I want to get the LED bed lighting on my 2023 order and you can only get that now if you get it with the bed liner.

Thanks in advance!

mike12193

Reaction score
From my experience on my last 3 Ram’s it has held up very well. I have had no issues with any overspray or light spots. I have hauled everything from broken up concrete to metal to the scrap yard. I will say I have never had any experience with line x or rhino liner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponge60

Reaction score
I'm happy with the quality and coverage of the liner. I've had Line X in several vehicles and this is certainly comparable.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Only had mine for a year but am happy with it. hauled a few loads of rough stuff and no issues.

The bed package is great. I went for it for the bed step and liner. Glad I did. The step makes it so much easier to get in and out of the bed, especially with the Power Wagon that is already lifted from the factory.

Riccochet

Reaction score
I have the Mopar liner in my current truck, and had LineX in my last two trucks. The Mopar liner is quite durable, but I think the LineX, at least where I had it applied, was a bit thicker. I has some heavy stuff in my last trucks, engine blocks and axles, and it didn't even dent the bed. While I put a nice dent in my current truck bed with a cylinder head. So, maybe not as rigid as the LineX.

jetrinka

Reaction score
My factory liner is also very good. It isn't as hard of a liner as LineX but is way harder than the soft Rhino Liner. If I was to order a new truck I'd get it with the liner.

sstoner911

Reaction score
No issues with 20K miles and had some spilled diesel in the back.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I have the Mopar liner in my current truck, and had LineX in my last two trucks. The Mopar liner is quite durable, but I think the LineX, at least where I had it applied, was a bit thicker. I has some heavy stuff in my last trucks, engine blocks and axles, and it didn't even dent the bed. While I put a nice dent in my current truck bed with a cylinder head. So, maybe not as rigid as the LineX.

I had thicker Line-X on my 04.5 and plenty of dents. I do wonder if the bed sheet metal is perhaps thinner on the new trucks?

My factory liner is also very good. It isn't as hard of a liner as LineX but is way harder than the soft Rhino Liner. If I was to order a new truck I'd get it with the liner.
I didn't think it was any different than my Line, just less thick. It's also a Line-X owned product/company that they use so it should be the same stuff.

Mine has been good. However, about the worst thing it see's is the feet of my hitch when removing/installing.

The one thing I dislike is the new trucks having the plastic bed rail cap that use holes in the bed so it precludes getting Line-X over the rail applied unless you do the bodywork.

jetrinka

Reaction score
I had thicker Line-X on my 04.5 and plenty of dents. I do wonder if the bed sheet metal is perhaps thinner on the new trucks?

I didn't think it was any different than my Line, just less thick. It's also a Line-X owned product/company that they use so it should be the same stuff.

Mine has been good. However, about the worst thing it see's is the feet of my hitch when removing/installing.

The one thing I dislike is the new trucks having the plastic bed rail cap that use holes in the bed so it precludes getting Line-X over the rail applied unless you do the bodywork.
Really the same company? That’s good to know. I’m just glad it’s not Rhino liner. That stuff seems to peel when you look at it too hard…

jadmt

Reaction score
I have lineX and my buddy got the factory and they look very similar. I can't tell the difference.

Users who are viewing this thread