Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mobile app broken

waveslayer

Reaction score
It hasn't worked for 2 says, tapatalk had an update recently

mountainears

Reaction score
Yea, and it’s unfortunate too. It’s one of the better forum apps and I miss being able to use it.

mkmsr

Reaction score
Tapatalk is working for me with other forums but not with HDRams.

Bluedevilman

Reaction score
Man this is killing me can't seem to upload pics on the website version. The Tapatalk app was way easier. Wish we could get it up and working again.

Underline5656

Reaction score
Been broken for me as well. Between website slowness issues (seems resolved for the most part these days) and this.. makes it really hard to want to come back and check on things.

mountainears

Reaction score
It would be really nice if there could at least be some feedback that they are aware of it or working on it. Really miss being able to use the app.

southern_yank

Reaction score
Is this something that is being looked into, or is this like a Reddit thing? I took a leave of absence due to work and what-not. Now that I'm back on, it would be nice to be able to use Tapatalk again. I've just recently started getting push notifications from Tapatalk for this forum, but still no access.

If Tapatalk isn't an option for this forum any longer, is there an alternative forum app that I can look into? Or is there another Ram forum (4.5 gen) that most of this forums members are on as well?

Underline5656

Reaction score
Is this something that is being looked into, or is this like a Reddit thing? I took a leave of absence due to work and what-not. Now that I'm back on, it would be nice to be able to use Tapatalk again. I've just recently started getting push notifications from Tapatalk for this forum, but still no access.

If Tapatalk isn't an option for this forum any longer, is there an alternative forum app that I can look into? Or is there another Ram forum (4.5 gen) that most of this forums members are on as well?
I know @Brutal_HO is tired of this thread as there's nothing he can do about it.. so just want to be clear that this response isn't aimed at him, and it's not bitching..just talking over the realities.

@southern_yank It's kind of a kick in the gut .. the admins split this forum off from 5thgenrams and it's supposedly a different instance on the same physical server.. but the 5thgenrams.com site gets all the love and attention. They get cloudflare cacheing, we don't. They have an up-to-date tapatalk plugin, we don't. When we had the speed issues, 5thgenrams.com didn't have any. It just feels like hdrams.com isn't a priority .. and maybe that's the reality we have to live with .. it's just not. cumminsforum.com is pretty active, but as it's name implies, is for aimed at diesels, not much for the gas powertrains out there. I'm also interested in there's other active forums. It's such a shame, because for the 1500's..5thgenrams.com is basically the gold standard forum.

southern_yank

Reaction score
I know @Brutal_HO is tired of this thread as there's nothing he can do about it.. so just want to be clear that this response isn't aimed at him, and it's not bitching..just talking over the realities.

@southern_yank It's kind of a kick in the gut .. the admins split this forum off from 5thgenrams and it's supposedly a different instance on the same physical server.. but the 5thgenrams.com site gets all the love and attention. They get cloudflare cacheing, we don't. They have an up-to-date tapatalk plugin, we don't. When we had the speed issues, 5thgenrams.com didn't have any. It just feels like hdrams.com isn't a priority .. and maybe that's the reality we have to live with .. it's just not. cumminsforum.com is pretty active, but as it's name implies, is for aimed at diesels, not much for the gas powertrains out there. I'm also interested in there's other active forums. It's such a shame, because for the 1500's..5thgenrams.com is basically the gold standard forum.
I wasn't aware of the intricacies of the split you are talking about. And I am not at all looking to burden anyone with additional work or worry. Most forum mods aren't paid and I wouldn't want to be in the position to hear anyone complaining constantly either.

With that said, this sucks. I've come to enjoy reading a lot of the current members parts and responses. There are a lot of great members here. I'm not going to leave, but I am going to see what else is out there. Thanks for the info!

southern_yank

Reaction score
Do what I resort to doing. Find hdrams on facebook and start DM'ing him.

Then you too, can get ghosted.
I've never been a moderator or admin on any forum, but I will say, seeing your involvement on this forum to keep it going is nothing short of a full time job. I commend you for the work you've put into this (and any other mod I may not know about). I get the frustration in your reply.

Have you thought of starting an entirely new forum? I think it could be a good opportunity to provide the same services to the community and potentially turn some revenue from it as well. Just something to think about, Heck, I've got a decent background in systems administration, marketing, accounting, etc. and currently running 2 of my own companies. Might be a venture worth looking into?

southern_yank

Reaction score
@Brutal_HO I just saw in your avatar thing on the side you are just south of Denver, CO. I'm actually gearing up for a trip out to the Denver/Colorado Springs area in about 2 weeks. Was out there about 3 weeks ago talking to a potential client, and was the first time I was in CO. That is some of the most beautiful country I've been to! Looking forward to going back for a pleasure trip and getting a chance to get the tires dirty for a few days on some of the trails out there!

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I've never been a moderator or admin on any forum, but I will say, seeing your involvement on this forum to keep it going is nothing short of a full time job. I commend you for the work you've put into this (and any other mod I may not know about). I get the frustration in your reply.

Have you thought of starting an entirely new forum? I think it could be a good opportunity to provide the same services to the community and potentially turn some revenue from it as well. Just something to think about, Heck, I've got a decent background in systems administration, marketing, accounting, etc. and currently running 2 of my own companies. Might be a venture worth looking into?

Thanks,

I'm kicking around retiring from a full time enterprise IT engineering gig, so this is already more than I care to take on. Also mod a bit (too much) on 5thgenrams. :eek:

43 years in the biz, I guess I'm just a glutton for punishment. As I WFH unless I'm flying, jumping on here all too often during the day is a bad habit I'd like to break. Unless I'm SUPER up against a deadline, this often gets more attention than work.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
@Brutal_HO I just saw in your avatar thing on the side you are just south of Denver, CO. I'm actually gearing up for a trip out to the Denver/Colorado Springs area in about 2 weeks. Was out there about 3 weeks ago talking to a potential client, and was the first time I was in CO. That is some of the most beautiful country I've been to! Looking forward to going back for a pleasure trip and getting a chance to get the tires dirty for a few days on some of the trails out there!

22 miles SSE of Denver, 43 miles north of the springs. My "commute" is 31 miles to DIA or 3 steps to my home office.

Yea, we've been here since 1992 and now call it home. Certainly worse places to live. Too bad the state has gone to sh*t with the influx of coasties, housing prices, COL, and politics of it all.

southern_yank

Reaction score
22 miles SSE of Denver, 43 miles north of the springs. My "commute" is 31 miles to DIA or 3 steps to my home office.

Yea, we've been here since 1992 and now call it home. Certainly worse places to live. Too bad the state has gone to sh*t with the influx of coasties, housing prices, COL, and politics of it all.
I hear ya with the "coasties" - Arkansas is getting to be about the same way. Not to the extent that CO or TX is, but it's on the rise. I was actually looking at a few properties west of Denver, but the more I look, the legislation seems to be a bit tighter than I'd care to deal with.

Good luck on your retirement plan, I know a lot of guys in my industry that keep "kicking it around" - 10 years later, they're still at it! :D I had a good friend of mine tell me that when he quits working, that'll be the day he starts dying. No joke, 3 weeks after his "retirement" he passed away. Somber I know, but some people are just built like that.

Users who are viewing this thread