Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Misleading email about remote start temp setting in RamConnect app

DougB

Reaction score
I received this misleading marketing email from Ram about the Ram Connect app having the ability to allow me to set the temperature in my 2500 to my preferred temp on cold mornings. I thought maybe the app had been updated but when I checked there is still nothing allowing the owner to set cabin temps. Checked for an app update in AppStore, too, but nothing. This is v1.31 or 1.37.3 as shown on startup screen of the app. Disappointed this isn’t already a feature but to be teased like this is more disappointing.

My system is UConnect5 on 8.4NAV

@RamCares

B66784CD-1A98-40DE-94B1-0919F726F1D2.jpeg

Razzman

Reaction score
Depends on what level of RAM Connect or Sirius Guardian you have i'm betting just like anything else.

DougB

Reaction score
Depends on what level of RAM Connect or Sirius Guardian you have i'm betting just like anything else.
I’m on the free trial with my 2022 Ram Laramie. I would expect the free trial would include every bell and whistle to entice you the most.

My guess here is it’s not available, yet they like to spout off it is. Or maybe it is available in cars and SUVs but not the 4.5 gen HDs. Will see if @RamCares chimes in.

sstoner911

Reaction score
It's a little misleading because that means you set your desired temp with the climate control in the truck... then when you remote start that's the the temp it goes by ..

Robs22ram5500

Reaction score
I received this misleading marketing email from Ram about the Ram Connect app having the ability to allow me to set the temperature in my 2500 to my preferred temp on cold mornings. I thought maybe the app had been updated but when I checked there is still nothing allowing the owner to set cabin temps. Checked for an app update in AppStore, too, but nothing. This is v1.31 or 1.37.3 as shown on startup screen of the app. Disappointed this isn’t already a feature but to be teased like this is more disappointing.

My system is UConnect5 on 8.4NAV

@RamCares

View attachment 32562
Jumped on here to see what info i could find, i recieved the same misleading email.

DougB

Reaction score
Jumped on here to see what info i could find, i recieved the same misleading email.
Fingers crossed they implement such a feature. It would make the subscription much more useful for many I think versus the 40 and 80 presets we’ve heard mentioned are already there.

sstoner911

Reaction score
Fingers crossed they implement such a feature. It would make the subscription much more useful for many I think versus the 40 and 80 presets we’ve heard mentioned are already there.
I have found that whatever I have the truck set for is sufficient...never needed to adjust it on a remote start ...if you get in the truck before it has a chance to heat up or cool down fully... whatever you set it to doesn't matter.

When the interior is 189 Degrees it takes every bit of that 15 min run time.

The winter isn't so bad...it's usually a toasty whatever I set it at.

DougB

Reaction score
I have found that whatever I have the truck set for is sufficient...never needed to adjust it on a remote start ...if you get in the truck before it has a chance to heat up or cool down fully... whatever you set it to doesn't matter.

When the interior is 189 Degrees it takes every bit of that 15 min run time.

The winter isn't so bad...it's usually a toasty whatever I set it at.
That doesn’t work so well in TX lol

66C931F9-50D3-4B1A-BD4F-4DB05FCE0D34.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread