Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Michelin Defender LTX Platinum

Vdrsnk

Reaction score
Seen Michelin came out with this new tire. The old Defender LTX has always been a phenomenal tire but never looks great. I’m not even sure this new one will look any better. But, was curious if any of you guys are running it?

Grateful Dad

Reaction score
Don’t think it’s available until March? Sidewall looks a little better, not sure about the tread though?!

Edit: size I was looking at might not be out until March. Stock size 20’s seem to be available.

Dathan_Swick

Reaction score
Specific for luxury trucks .....
I will add these to the short list of tires ill checkout after these firestones destroy themselves.

Finally a Michelin sidewall that isnt ugly.

Vdrsnk

Reaction score
Specific for luxury trucks .....
I will add these to the short list of tires ill checkout after these firestones destroy themselves.

Finally a Michelin sidewall that isnt ugly.
Exactly what I was thinking. Although like a previous person said, I’m not exactly sure about that tread pattern.

I guess it is still too early on to know.

Dathan_Swick

Reaction score
Exactly what I was thinking. Although like a previous person said, I’m not exactly sure about that tread pattern.

I guess it is still too early on to know.
The tread pattern confused me, but BFG\Michelin has not ever let me down. Dont get me started on Yokohama....

Vdrsnk

Reaction score
IMG_3159.png
The 265/60r20 GMC HD size looks nice as well. A bit small but nice.

jetrinka

Reaction score
The pictures appear vague and without real world testing I'll reserve judgement - but I will say it doesn't appear they will evacuate water well at all. Also most of the time with tires in order to get something you have to give something up - they advertise a rubber that lasts twice as long as the last generation. At the cost of what?

I don't like it at all so far - I may be proven wrong though. We'll see.

gpattikjr

Reaction score
The pictures appear vague and without real world testing I'll reserve judgement - but I will say it doesn't appear they will evacuate water well at all. Also most of the time with tires in order to get something you have to give something up - they advertise a rubber that lasts twice as long as the last generation. At the cost of what?

I don't like it at all so far - I may be proven wrong though. We'll see.
I'll let the ih8mud guys test them out first.

Vdrsnk

Reaction score
I agree with you guys. Time will tell. But all I can say thus far is I like the “look” anyway.

Grey

Reaction score
Id like to know how they balance, some tire companies products are so out of round you almost need weights in pounds. Michelin historically has produced tires needing less weight and better being true. But I havent seen this tire. Maybe some good info will show up.

Xflight29

Reaction score
Seen Michelin came out with this new tire. The old Defender LTX has always been a phenomenal tire but never looks great. I’m not even sure this new one will look any better. But, was curious if any of you guys are running it?
I have the the Defenders and love them. Curious as to what looks bad? they are tires.

unclelala

Reaction score
I have the the Defenders and love them. Curious as to what looks bad? they are tires.
IMO only, Im not disputing the great quality and performance of the Defender, its a look preference, with out getting to snitty I find them a little too grandpaish.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread