Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Michelin Agilis CrossClimate vs LTX

TexMarQue

Reaction score
Has anyone actually installed either of these? I'm replacing the factory Transforce ATs at 36k. I've found a couple threads where the Michelin Agilis CrossClimates are mentioned, but can't find any posts that actually give a follow-up review. I've had Michelin's on my last couple of trucks and they all rode well and lasted as advertised. Discount Tire recommends the Agilis on their website, but it doesn't have a mileage warranty. In the price comparison tool they claim 96k median mileage. Too good to be true? I very rarely tow/haul, but spend a lot of time on the highway. I'm looking for a nice, quite ride.

Any advice is appreciated!

Xflight29

Reaction score
Has anyone actually installed either of these? I'm replacing the factory Transforce ATs at 36k. I've found a couple threads where the Michelin Agilis CrossClimates are mentioned, but can't find any posts that actually give a follow-up review. I've had Michelin's on my last couple of trucks and they all rode well and lasted as advertised. Discount Tire recommends the Agilis on their website, but it doesn't have a mileage warranty. In the price comparison tool they claim 96k median mileage. Too good to be true? I very rarely tow/haul, but spend a lot of time on the highway. I'm looking for a nice, quite ride.

Any advice is appreciated!
I am switching over to the Michelin CrossClimate when the time comes. I know of a few trucks that have them and they all say great tire. one is at 50000 and he says he has another 10000 to go.

Sarge33Army

Reaction score
I changed-out OEM tires and ran Michelin tires for the past 20+ years. Michelin LTX tires on pickups were very good all around. I would have the Michelin Cross Country tires on my RAM if my local dealer would have taken the TransForce tires on trade. (First time that a dealer didn't want my OEM tires.) I have the Cross Country 2 tires on our KIA Sorento SXL car and they are GREAT! As for the TransForce tires, I'm okay with them...much better than expected, but I have yet to drive in heavy rain or snow.

TexMarQue

Reaction score
I ended up ordering the LTX tires. I'd really like to try the CrossClimate tires, but they are too new on the market for me to believe Discount's claims of a 96k median tire life, especially on a tire with no mileage warranty. I'll give them another look in 2-3 years when I've worn the treads off the LTX's and see what the reviews have to say then.

Xflight29

Reaction score
I ended up ordering the LTX tires. I'd really like to try the CrossClimate tires, but they are too new on the market for me to believe Discount's claims of a 96k median tire life, especially on a tire with no mileage warranty. I'll give them another look in 2-3 years when I've worn the treads off the LTX's and see what the reviews have to say then.
Great choice on your LTX. I feel Michelin wouldn't sell any of there tires with out first testing them out to the fullest and most extreme conditions. I have maybe another 7 months of tire tread left before I will need a new set and I will be going with the CrossClimate for sure.

TexMarQue

Reaction score
Great choice on your LTX. I feel Michelin wouldn't sell any of there tires with out first testing them out to the fullest and most extreme conditions. I have maybe another 7 months of tire tread left before I will need a new set and I will be going with the CrossClimate for sure.
It was actually the less positive reviews on Michelin's site that prevented me from taking the gamble. Even though Discount lists them as the #1 recommendation, the Michelin site only has 12 reviews on them with a 2.8 star average. The LTX's had over 800 reviews with a 4.6 star average.

Xflight29

Reaction score
It was actually the less positive reviews on Michelin's site that prevented me from taking the gamble. Even though Discount lists them as the #1 recommendation, the Michelin site only has 12 reviews on them with a 2.8 star average. The LTX's had over 800 reviews with a 4.6 star average.
Why did you have to tell me that. Now I have to re-think all this again. might just need to go back to my trusty Defender LTX M/S.

MikeG

Reaction score
For those looking, you may want to look at the Continental TerrainContact AT. I had them on the F150 I traded in and was quite pleased. They were wearing well, provided good traction and a quiet ride. I will probably put them on the 2500 when I need tires. They are ranked highly (#3 behind Pirelli Scorpion and General Grabber) in the AT category on Tire Rack, with a 97% approval rate.

kobra

Reaction score
Earlier this year when I replaced tires on my 2016, I reached out to Michelin. Basically the answer was that the Agilis is meant for more loaded duty and the LTX for more unloaded.
They used the example of a UPS truck; everyday they are mostly loaded and they are seeing some really good initial mileage results.
So, if you mostly drive loaded the Agilis seems capable of the really high mileage claims. But if mostly unloaded stick with the LTX. I "think" I recall that they said the Agilis will be a bit harsher ride and the LTX should get just as good a mileage with lighter duty. (sorry the last sentence is from memory of 6+ months ago...)
I tow about 30% of the time, so stayed with the LTX. They didn't say what "mostly loaded" meant, but I guess I took it more for someone doing hotshot or construction work, and that I qualified as "mostly unloaded".
I don't have any first hand experience on the Agilis.

hth
B

Users who are viewing this thread