Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Megalodon

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
I found a beached Megalodon.
20200726_182334.jpg
Sure wish I didn't have to adult right now.
20200726_182009.jpg
Just got back to our local dealership from Keystone Styling.
20200726_182307.jpg

It sits a bit higher than my stock truck. 38s on 20s with a 5 inch lift help that
20200726_182642_HDR.jpg
I am in love

UglyViking

Reaction score
I would not pay what they are asking for that package. Nice looking truck but you're probably paying 2x what it would cost for you to DIY it.

UglyViking

Reaction score
The package is MSRP just like the truck.

Not too many people have the ability to put a kit on like this.

And not many DIY can get a warranty.

I can't justify the 61k for the base truck.

I did check it out before the transformation.

Even with a shop doing the install you're going to get vastly better parts at a lower cost. I never understand the warranty argument. You're paying for the warranty with the price. You could probably pay for 2 fully installed quality lifts at the same height for what they are charging. It's a cost of convince and "branding" for guys with more money than brains.

Not knocking the look of the truck but all these companies are highway robbery for what you're getting IMHO.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
@UglyViking I agree with you. I was just saying...the reason trucks and their accessories are so much is because people are willing to pay to play.

I use my truck regularly for truck stuff. I am 6'2 and my chin can rest on the bedside.

I have no use for this truck...but I actually like it. If I was just after a toy I would own it. But, I could just get the kit, order the wheels and tires and do it to my own truck.

But then I got the down time, the wife wanting to go camping, the kids needing to go somehwere while mom is at work...oh he'll just habe the shop do it lol.

And the new style front looks very good lifted to the sky. Makes my 4th Gen look so old and out of place

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
There's the built not bought crowd and the bought not built crowd.

My body is too broken to do any heavy wrenching anymore so I'd be in the bought not built crowd these days and if I wanted a lifted truck, I'd pay someone else to do it, putting me squarely in the bought not built category.

That said, I'd probably not buy a prepacked kit truck and would be looking at Carli.

wjcook68

Reaction score
What a seriously Bad A** looking ride. The Megalodon. THE APEX Predator! Lol

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
It appears someone bought it already. Should be seeing it around maybe. Unless someone out of the area got it.

Users who are viewing this thread