Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Megacab owners - under rear seat storage?

Zeus2018

Reaction score
Has anyone found a cool storage system for underneath the rear seat in a Megacab? Something to fill up all that empty space?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

darrellr

Reaction score
Doesn't the seat fold flat on this? If you put much under the seat it won't fold any more.

Arth

Reaction score
Sometimes I wish the Mega cabs had the same under floor storage bins as the crew cabs. Oh well.

ClawSS

Reaction score
Sometimes I wish the Mega cabs had the same under floor storage bins as the crew cabs. Oh well.
I understand the "wish", but I would cautiously say that the "behind the seat" storage may be more than the "under the seat" storage....by volume due to the extra height (up to seat back).

I think the seat base lowers so that the flat floor is now lower than the armrests? Not real sure, but I use the flat floor in my Mega a bunch. Even though the 1500 cab is roughly the same as a Mega by volume and has the floor cubbies, etc etc. I still like the Mega. I'm just glad we all have choices on what is out there to drive.

TinGoatTravelers

Reaction score
At first, I was so disappointed that the seat bottoms in the MC didn’t flip up backwards to open the whole floor. There are immovable posts holding the seat bottom in place. However - the space behind the seats is actually pretty massive - and the space under the seats is pretty open - I can carry my 88-key MIDI controller in a soft case across the floor under the seat and it fits perfectly.

In my former Chevy 2500 the back seat bottoms flipped up and my dog could ride on the floor. I was worried he’d have to ride up on the bench in the RAM but he’s gotten used to it and he can travel along with gear when needed so it all worked out great. Got a great seat cover and seat belt leash from 4Knines so it’s clean and he’s safe back there.

I’m sure you could find some sliding plastic storage boxes that would fit well under the mega seat if you wanted. Good luck!

ClawSS

Reaction score
@TinGoatTravelers ... I was so f'in close to getting YOUR style truck. I decided on a Limited, but that Delmonico exterior w/ the Longhorn interior had me really questioning my "need" for the Night Package and no chrome. Even to the point of reading about CJC Offroad's Night Package changeover article and amassing p/n's to do the swap. I'm not sorry, just really dig your truck!

MtnRider

Reaction score
What are you wanting to store? I love that empty space as I can place what ever I need to under there at any given time but it's not permanent. Kids backpacks, items from the store, extra gear, you name it. And I can get to it without raising the seat. After having that space I could not live with the "bin" under the crew cab seat.

Papa_smurf

Reaction score
I have 2 carseats installed in my backseat, so it isn't easy to flip the seats down and use the behind the seat storage, yet. (will be once the kids age a bit).

I have some small plastic totes that I keep a trailer hitch, tie down gear, recovery gear, and a few tools in. I can fit 3 of the totes under there pretty easily, and they are easy to slide in and out as needed.

During hunting season I can fit most of my hunting gear under there and the plastic totes ride in the floor board since the kids feet don't even touch the totes yet.

Zeus2018

Reaction score
Totes is about the best I can come up with. Its rare that I fold the seats flat but would be great to have for all the kid stuff when headed places, random tools etc.

Users who are viewing this thread