Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mega cab vs crew cab

xfilers

Reaction score
Hey all,

My dealer recently told me that the new 2022 mega cabs no longer offer additional leg room with the mega cab. She states that crew and mega have same leg room but the mega adds the storage behind seat. Is this true? My google research seemed to indicate and additional 3 inches of leg room for mega.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MtnRider

Reaction score
Hey all,

My dealer recently told me that the new 2022 mega cabs no longer offer additional leg room with the mega cab. She states that crew and mega have same leg room but the mega adds the storage behind seat. Is this true? My google research seemed to indicate and additional 3 inches of leg room for mega.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dealer is clueless.....

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
what in the world... it's still a mega cab. no different.

Godzilla

Reaction score
Your 'dealer' is probably a sales person that has not done their homework. There is more legroom; I'm on my 2nd CC, and had a MC sandwiched between them.

The HOFF

Don't Hassel me
Reaction score
Rear seats recline in the mega too.

Exactly why we went with Megacab. I have two boys over 6’2” and it’s nice.

2019 RAM 3500 Longhorn Megacab
2021 RAM 3500 Blackout Megacab
2019 OpenRange 3X427BHS
2020 Jayco NorthPoint 382FL
2021 Luxe Elite 42FL
2022 Grand Design Solitude 380FL-R
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L-Summit

Pronto

Reaction score
She is either lying to sell you something she has or is just incompetent and doesn't know the product she's selling. Hanlon's razor states that you shouldn't attribute to malice that which can be reasonably explained by stupidity. In my experience, with a car salesman, it's a coin flip. Even that's being gracious because the two are not mutually exclusive.

BAT3500

Reaction score
she be full of plant fertilizer material....or just trying to sell what they physically have on the lot. Typical either way...

drodegeb

Reaction score
On top of the extra storage and the additional legroom. The biggest reason we went with the mega is the center back seat. In the crew it is extremely shallow and uncomfortable for even fairly short rides. In the mega, it's the same depth as the outer seats.

hunterjoe

Reaction score
On top of the extra storage and the additional legroom. The biggest reason we went with the mega is the center back seat. In the crew it is extremely shallow and uncomfortable for even fairly short rides. In the mega, it's the same depth as the outer seats.
This is a big deal IMO. I originally ordered a CC but after some soul searching I decided to change to a MC. No, if they'd just build the truck!!!

Godzilla

Reaction score
I just wish they'd build a MCLB. If they did, I would have been a Dodge convert a long time ago. Don't know what their aversion is to this.
Some guy in here went to a place (maybe Vegas) called Stretch My Truck (I think) and they did just that - put an 8ft box on a MegaCab. That would be ideal in my books too but to have it done as a custom... I can't imagine what it must have cost.

Great White North Eh

Squish Cat - And So
Reaction score
Salesperson might be confusing 1/2 tons and HD. 1/2 led room is fairly close to a Mega. Within the HD’s there is no comparison. I can honestly say the Mega is Da Bomb as I have both.

el_barto

Reaction score
Sounds like the salesman that tried telling me there wasn’t a difference between a 2018 and 2019 HD

Fowlthing

Reaction score
For those that have had both. CC and Mega. Does the mega get in the way when backing? Blocking vision?.?

Notice any difference with parking and turning radius?

Like to hear from anybody

BAT3500

Reaction score
Went from CC shortbed to mega. Backing or blocking vision, no difference that I notice. Turning radius again no difference or at least not noticeable to me. What is different is that the truck is a bit longer than most store parking lot spaces. You will prolly hang outside the line by about 6" whereas my CC usually fit just fine most of the time.

Godzilla

Reaction score
Mega has a better turning radius than the CC I think - I haven't searched for the data, it just seems that way to me. I had a '15 CC 8 foot bed for 3 years, then went to a '17 Mega until a few weeks ago, now I have a CC 8 foot bed again.

Users who are viewing this thread