Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mega cab storage

Fiveruners

Reaction score
I have a 2016 Ram 3500 cummins turbo diesel mega cab. There is a storage compartment behind the back passenger seat that has formed plastic that takes up the storage space. Any idea what it is and what's under it?.

MikeXM

Reaction score
Yup, subwoofer.
That is the most infuriating thing. Coming from a MegaCab that didn't had a sub, where this compartment was deep and fully usable. I had a tons of stuff in there. What a surprise when I went to move my things from the older truck to the new one. I was like... Are you kidding me?

Fiveruners

Reaction score
Yup, subwoofer.
That is the most infuriating thing. Coming from a MegaCab that didn't had a sub, where this compartment was deep and fully usable. I had a tons of stuff in there. What a surprise when I went to move my things from the older truck to the new one. I was like... Are you kidding me?
Awful waste of space

tcedgar8

Reaction score
I was a little bummed when. I saw that too. If the seats are up it's got good storage but other than that it's not great.

My seats are always down anyway. The dogs get the good seats. Lol,

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Fiveruners

Reaction score
I was a little bummed when. I saw that too. If the seats are up it's got good storage but other than that it's not great.

My seats are always down anyway. The dogs get the good seats. Lol,

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
The dogs always get the good seats. Lol

kraftwerx

Reaction score
I just saw this yesterday. I suspected it was for the air suspension, but still a waste of a good storage bin. At least knowing it's the subwoofer, I can accept that they had no choice but to keep it in the cab.

Ram definitely buried the lead on that though.

Users who are viewing this thread