Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mega Cab Behind Seat Question

3Jeeps

Reaction score
Looking at 2500s currently. Torn between Mega vs Crew Cab/8 foot bed.

What can I really fit behind rear seat in Mega Cab? Can I fit 2 60” flat screen tvs behind seat and if so anything else or would that be it?

So we will be moving a bunch of stuff from NH to FL later this year. I plan on 2 runs because I have 2 Jeeps I need to tow down there, so I guess I’m wondering if the Mega makes up somewhat for the smaller bed.

Thanks for the feedback.

Thompsre08

Reaction score
Hard to say if two tv's would fit back there. If this is a one time move and you dont plan on taking passengers around a lot i'd go with the 8' bed. That being said i ordered a '22 MC but i've got kids and use my truck for work so all of my boots, PPE and gear go behind the seats. Works quite well.

Reactions: J-J

MtnRider

Reaction score
Don't buy it based on a 1 time trip, what are you going to need more on a daily basis, interior room and storage or bed storage?

3Jeeps

Reaction score
Don't buy it based on a 1 time trip, what are you going to need more on a daily basis, interior room and storage or bed storage?

Hard to say if two tv's would fit back there. If this is a one time move and you dont plan on taking passengers around a lot i'd go with the 8' bed. That being said i ordered a '22 MC but i've got kids and use my truck for work so all of my boots, PPE and gear go behind the seats. Works quite well.
Typically only rear passenger will be our Black Lab.

It will be used to move but then we will be running it up and down the East Coast a few times per year between NH and FL. Plus I should be able to fit my Road King in the 8 foot bed, so I guess I’m leaning that way…

Thompsre08

Reaction score
Typically only rear passenger will be our Black Lab.

It will be used to move but then we will be running it up and down the East Coast a few times per year between NH and FL. Plus I should be able to fit my Road King in the 8 foot bed, so I guess I’m leaning that way…
I think you've got your answer. The crew cab will have plenty of room for your lab.

G’Dave

Reaction score
+2 on the CCLB with 50g tank. I already figured out how to stuff 3 dirt bikes in and close the tailgate, and then hook up the bumper pull trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pronto

Reaction score
Mega cab with the seats folded down and some dog beds in there is perfect for dogs. 50 gallon fuel tank is a pretty strong argument for the long bed even if you don't need a bed that long.

3Jeeps

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the feedback. sticking with my original thought Long Bed and 50 Gallon Tank…

Users who are viewing this thread