Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Maxxis Razr 37s

truckasaurus

Reaction score
I’ve spend way too much time looking at tires for my TradesWagon and just ordered a set of these Maxxis’ for $135.20 each from Walmart,37/12.50r18 in a load range D. I think they’ll be loud and wear fast but I’m hoping they’ll tide me over until I figure out what’s better. Just wanting to share what I think might be a great deal.
I’ll be installing Thuren springs up front with Thuren track bar and powerwagon isolators and stock coils with a 1” spacer in the rear; Bilstein shocks all corners and powerwagon fender flares. Wheels are 18x9 method 304’s I picked up on clearance for $200 each. No heavy loads or anything at my airstream is around 7k

Attachments

• IMG_0779.png
    IMG_0779.png
    670 KB · Views: 20

phatboy64

Reaction score
I’ve spend way too much time looking at tires for my TradesWagon and just ordered a set of these Maxxis’ for $135.20 each from Walmart,37/12.50r18 in a load range D. I think they’ll be loud and wear fast but I’m hoping they’ll tide me over until I figure out what’s better. Just wanting to share what I think might be a great deal.
I’ll be installing Thuren springs up front with Thuren track bar and powerwagon isolators and stock coils with a 1” spacer in the rear; Bilstein shocks all corners and powerwagon fender flares. Wheels are 18x9 method 304’s I picked up on clearance for $200 each. No heavy loads or anything at my airstream is around 7k
That is a good deal. Lets us know how they balance out and ride...

Last edited:

Enve46

Reaction score
They're good tires, Ive seen quite a few Jeeps run em and be happy. Unsure on how they wear but they're cheap enough that it probably doesn't matter much. Do post your results!

truckasaurus

Reaction score
I’ve got my fingers crossed that they last a year or 2 as I only put on 8k a year; plus I have the 6.4 so it’s ’low Torque’.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
keep em rotated every 5k miles and you may hit that goal !

truckasaurus

Reaction score
I doubt this’ll come as a shock but the bargain tires never materialized from Walmart. I picked up Toyo open country RT’s in 37/13.50r18 instead from jeepandtruckparts and they went on OK after a little pinch and liner trim. I made fillers for the wheel liner cutouts using 1/16” ABS sheet as it molds nicely with a heat gun and installed some powerwagon flares. I dropped the pressure to 40psi so combined with Thuren coils up front and Bilsteins all round I’m hoping it improves the truck overall

Attachments

• IMG_0822.jpeg
    IMG_0822.jpeg
    990.7 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0819.jpeg
    IMG_0819.jpeg
    828.4 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0816.jpeg
    IMG_0816.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 34

Enve46

Reaction score
I doubt this’ll come as a shock but the bargain tires never materialized from Walmart. I picked up Toyo open country RT’s in 37/13.50r18 instead from jeepandtruckparts and they went on OK after a little pinch and liner trim. I made fillers for the wheel liner cutouts using 1/16” ABS sheet as it molds nicely with a heat gun and installed some powerwagon flares. I dropped the pressure to 40psi so combined with Thuren coils up front and Bilsteins all round I’m hoping it improves the truck overall
Man I dig your truck. Im looking at possibly getting into a tradesman 3500 LB diesel from my PW and doing full Thuren or Carli and 37s. Your truck may have sold me!

Users who are viewing this thread