Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Dodge Order -Tires

Ajbjorkman

Reaction score
Anyone swap out tires immediately upon purchase? Recommendations on a good tire shop in Lake Charles so I can sell my OEM basically as new? Looking for either Falken Wildpeak or maybe Nitto. Need something good in rain and snow.

DontSlamMyRam

Reaction score
I can't help much here but I will say I have Ridge Grapplers on my JK. They are NOT great in rain snow or ice. If those are Nittos you want, Get the Wildpeaks! I put Cooper XLT3s on my Ram. Probably should have bought the Wildpeaks looking back..

AK_Rams

Reaction score
I'm watching this as I will be looking at he same thing. I know friends swear by KO2's and the Falken's for snow and rain here in Alaska. What "DontSlam" said has been mentioned across a lot of threads, but don't have any first hand experience with them. I hope someone will come and enlighten us all.

MtnRider

Reaction score
I have no advice on a place or tires (you are going to get 50 different answers on "best") but I would say what ever you decide to do I would make all the arrangements ahead of time. Tires are hard to come by in certain sizes and brands right now so it may take a while to get what you want. I also prefer to use a shop close to home in case I have tire balance or warranty issues (or at least a national chain that has a location in your home town). At the end of the day it's not like you are gong to get that much more $ for the crappy stock tires with 20 miles vs. 1000 miles.

kevin588127

Reaction score
Have you contacted MD about having them swap them? A couple of my local dealers are reasonable on tires. Maybe they will give you a credit for your stock takeoffs as well.

DontSlamMyRam

Reaction score
Is there a discount tire there? Just throw the stock tires in the bed and CL/FBMP them when you get home.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Where ever you decide to get them done, make sure they have the tires in stock.
I just went thru this trying to get a replacement BFG KO2 35x12.50R17. Took my tire guy over a month to find one. Even when I did some searching on google for a tire, they were all out of stock, even BFG.

Ajbjorkman

Reaction score
Is there a discount tire there? Just throw the stock tires in the bed and CL/FBMP them when you get home.
This is what I did. Discount Tire in Beaumont had the Falkens in stock. Getting fitted now. Same size as OEM. I just wanted a better looking and better performing tire.

DragginAWagon

Reaction score
I asked Aaron at MD whether they buy or give credit for swapping brand new tires when the truck gets delivered. He said it's something they're working on but haven't figured out yet. Perhaps if enough people ask they'll decide to offer a trade in deal.

Users who are viewing this thread