Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Maintenance schedule (Oil Change/Filters) and?

Fry

Reaction score
Jumping into the 2500 world here shortly, but wasn't sure if I was going to go gas or diesel. I'm not familiar with diesels and the more I talk to people, the more I feel I have no clue. Besides the oil change (oil/filter) what else needs to be changed? I wasn't aware about the fuel filter till recently, but I also heard it has 3 of them. Do we change all 3 during an oil change? A little help to set me straight would be appreciated.

MegaDave

Reaction score
Jumping into the 2500 world here shortly, but wasn't sure if I was going to go gas or diesel. I'm not familiar with diesels and the more I talk to people, the more I feel I have no clue. Besides the oil change (oil/filter) what else needs to be changed? I wasn't aware about the fuel filter till recently, but I also heard it has 3 of them. Do we change all 3 during an oil change? A little help to set me straight would be appreciated.

The 2019 6.7 is pretty easy and affordable. Once a year or 15,000 miles change the oil and two fuel filters. I
Would look at the Manuals of both and compare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fry

Reaction score
The 2019 6.7 is pretty easy and affordable. Once a year or 15,000 miles change the oil and two fuel filters. I
Would look at the Manuals of both and compare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Didn't even think about that. Thanks, found it!

Camr

Reaction score
From my experience with my 2014, almost all miles pulling an RV, I found the EVIC oil and fuel filter life display accurate and convenient. Because we purchase fuel at larger truck stops, I change the fuel filters at 0%. Because my conscience won’t let me run my oil that long, I change it at 50%. The fuel filter change at a dealer is horrendously expensive. My 2014 ran 140k trouble free. Then I traded it for a 2019, and the trouble started. I truly, honestly wish I had held on to my 2014. The 2019 has been a defect nightmare.

heloguy

Reaction score
From my experience with my 2014, almost all miles pulling an RV, I found the EVIC oil and fuel filter life display accurate and convenient. Because we purchase fuel at larger truck stops, I change the fuel filters at 0%. Because my conscience won’t let me run my oil that long, I change it at 50%. The fuel filter change at a dealer is horrendously expensive. My 2014 ran 140k trouble free. Then I traded it for a 2019, and the trouble started. I truly, honestly wish I had held on to my 2014. The 2019 has been a defect nightmare.

What sort of trouble are you having with your 19?

Camr

Reaction score
Two water leaks, only one of which has been fixed. Battery saver system that sporadically shuts down systems despite having 14.5 volts and tested batteries, 12 in infotainment system that sporadically locks up. I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve been to the service dept. Wish I would have kept mu reliable 2014.

RB18C

Reaction score
Two water leaks, only one of which has been fixed. Battery saver system that sporadically shuts down systems despite having 14.5 volts and tested batteries, 12 in infotainment system that sporadically locks up. I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve been to the service dept. Wish I would have kept mu reliable 2014.
That 12” screen is a disaster

Users who are viewing this thread