Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Maintenance plan

mostcorey95

Reaction score
So my dealer gave me a 3 year unlimited mile maintenance plan. Would you take advantage of it or would you just do your own maintenance I need an oil change roughly every 3 months with how much driving and idle time my truck sees. So it wouldn’t bother me to do it myself or have the dealer do it. What would you do?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
So my dealer gave me a 3 year unlimited mile maintenance plan. Would you take advantage of it or would you just do your own maintenance I need an oil change roughly every 3 months with how much driving and idle time my truck sees. So it wouldn’t bother me to do it myself or have the dealer do it. What would you do?

Gas or diesel?

mostcorey95

Reaction score
Oil and fuel filters? I'd have him do it..

It’s a all in maintenance plan for Chrysler so I want to see what’s all included because the last time I had one that was all included it did oil fuel and transmission for the 3 years. Well if that’s the case I need an oil change every 3-4 months if not sooner due to the nature of my work and living in my truck.

mostcorey95

Reaction score
That’s what I’m thinking especially working on the railroad and taking my truck to and from every job when not in a semi. I had this new 21 for like a month and have already went over 5k miles.

flan

Reaction score
Especially with the difficulty in finding supplies nowadays...

mostcorey95

Reaction score
I was able to get a few sets of filters and some oil at a good price when I was in the middle of no where Indiana.

flan

Reaction score
If your dealer is decent use them and those filters you can sell faster than hot cakes..

mostcorey95

Reaction score
If your dealer is decent use them and those filters you can sell faster than hot cakes..

I have a few relaxed dealers around here and I’ll probably hold on to one set with always traveling in and out of the north and with sub zero coming.

Firebird

Reaction score
That’s what I’m thinking especially working on the railroad and taking my truck to and from every job when not in a semi. I had this new 21 for like a month and have already went over 5k miles.
Yeah, that’s some driving! I’ve had my 21 for 6 months, and have 7500 miles on it now

Users who are viewing this thread