Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lower rear of 2500

Firebird

Reaction score
IMG_20190812_134733.jpg
My 1500 is the only truck I ever reverse leveled, I loved it, but didn't tow anything with it.

Finn5033

Reaction score
My 1500 is the only truck I ever reverse leveled, I loved it, but didn't tow anything with it.

yeah that looks nice. To be honest the main reason I did this is already spent the money on the tires and wheels. If I would have leveled the front I think the tires would look way too small. I’ll see how I like this but I may choose to go back to stock height in the rear and level the front with some 20” wheels and bigger tires once my tires need replacing.

woody284

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics and update. It looks good and even better it being black. Gives me an easy idea of what mine would look like.

Blowenblu

Reaction score
Thanks for the Pics, that looks really nice. If I see that I have to lower mine a little after 5th wheel is on back I think I'm going the same route. Did anyone one say anything about needing shorter shocks or sway bar links?

Finn5033

Reaction score
Thanks for the Pics, that looks really nice. If I see that I have to lower mine a little after 5th wheel is on back I think I'm going the same route. Did anyone one say anything about needing shorter shocks or sway bar links?
I actually had just been thinking about that yesterday. I personally didn’t worry about it because I have air bags that always have at least 5lbs in them. I’m going to do some research on that though.

GPSBob

Reaction score
I put the Kelderrman rear leveling springs on my 2500 in June 2023. I had two goals - lower the rear suspension, and soften the ride a little. The Kelderman setup delivers on both counts. The truck now sits level with about 35 psi in the springs, and the ride when unloaded is noticeably smoother - it really takes the edge off of the sharp bumps. I pull a smaller (about 5000 lb.) bumper pull TT, and I increase the pressure to about 45-50 psi when towing to maintain the level height. I am really pleased with these springs. I happen to live in Iowa, about 90 minutes from Kelderman's shop, so I drove there and had them install the springs.

Finn5033

Reaction score
I wanted to post a quick update. I have now had the drop springs on for 3 months. I had done a couple of short trips pulling my trailer but this last weekend I pulled the trailer on a longer trip, 4hrs each way. I noticed no difference in how the truck rides with the trailer hooked up. The hitch weight on my trailer is 1,250lbs so it’s significant. Only difference is I fill my air bags before I hook up rather than after. And that’s is just to protect the airbags from compressing too much. So if anyone wants or needs to lower the back of their truck the drop springs are a solution that works great.

Firebird

Reaction score
I wanted to post a quick update. I have now had the drop springs on for 3 months. I had done a couple of short trips pulling my trailer but this last weekend I pulled the trailer on a longer trip, 4hrs each way. I noticed no difference in how the truck rides with the trailer hooked up. The hitch weight on my trailer is 1,250lbs so it’s significant. Only difference is I fill my air bags before I hook up rather than after. And that’s is just to protect the airbags from compressing too much. So if anyone wants or needs to lower the back of their truck the drop springs are a solution that works great.
Where did you find the drop springs?

BigBob

Reaction score
Been following this for a while. I put the Timber Grove 3" drop kit on my 2023 Tradesman. Very well made kit. With about 33 lbs in the springs the truck is dead level. The ride is much improved. The kits use Firestone air bags and all stainless steel components. I have a good size compressor on the truck, but I wanted to be able to control the pressure in the bags from the cab so I go a Air Lift compressor and gauge off Amazon. Like Kelderman, Timber grove does off the stuff to make it an automatic system like the stock setup. I had a 2015 Mega Cab with the factory air system. That truck now has over 150K miles on it and no issues. The odds of an air bag failing is very slim. I've seen over the road trucks with air suspension that was going strong at 500K miles. The fittings and tubing can fail. Just use good stuff and protect it from chaffing and heat. I give Timber Grove 2 thumbs up.

Only issue with the install is getting the nuts on the bolts! Not much room to get fingers in! I ended up taping the nuts to the bracket with high strength duct tape. They use all Stainless steel bolts which I'm not a fan of. I did apply a tad of anti-sieze to the bolts to prevent galling. And of course you don't tighten the dog poo out of a SS bolt unless you want failure.

Users who are viewing this thread