Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lower grill light bar questions

Lamiglas

Reaction score
I am wanting to install a lower grill light bar on a 2022 ram 3500 laramie. The pics I see show them behind the lower grill. Are they effective (bright) doing it this way?

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
The only one I have seen in person was the Baja Designs. It is very bright. Even behind the grill.

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
I know some will cut the grill in front of the lightbar but they are still bright with it behind it. You have the option to cut it if you don't like it.

RPS1030

Reaction score
20” Onx6+ is very bright. Grill slats are pretty narrow compared to the reflectors. Last night on some back roads just after dusk, it’s very bright within what’s useful, and reflects of signs and eyes beyond what I can clearly see.

7201C8B2-FDAB-40BD-A8BE-AE4CAF085CC0.jpeg

Lamiglas

Reaction score
Anyone know how the baja compares to rigid? Locally, they all seem to use the rigid?

R.J.

Reaction score
I have the Baja OnX6 behind the grill. In my opinion, it's very bright and cutting the grill probably wouldn't yield better results.

Mike67

Reaction score
Black Oak makes an insanely bright 20 inch light bar that will fit behind the lower grill. I have the spot/flood combo and love it.

Mike67

Reaction score
They don't list anything available for the fifth gens...
I purchased the light brackets separately from IJDMTOY.COM for about $75 and then the 20 inch, 200 watt, light bar from Black Oak in the spot/flood combo, I've had it in for about a year with no issues. Since the time I purchased the light bar from them, they have many different options now including an IR version for use with night vision goggles if you're into that sort of thing.

loveracing1988

Reaction score
I purchased the light brackets separately from IJDMTOY.COM for about $75 and then the 20 inch, 200 watt, light bar from Black Oak in the spot/flood combo, I've had it in for about a year with no issues. Since the time I purchased the light bar from them, they have many different options now including an IR version for use with night vision goggles if you're into that sort of thing.
I'd be all for the night vision one but I'm missing the actual night vision part...

Users who are viewing this thread