Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Low production colors

b307a1

Reaction score
I find it interesting that Ram has stopped using selected low production colors one of them being Timberline Green. I recently had done an inventory search and found that there are 16 HD's in that color in transit to dealerships within 130 miles of me.
They are in both regular and crew cab and Tradesman and Big horns.

There are probably some of you thinking "what's the big deal". I have never seen that many HD's in one low production color headed into my area.

If anyone has not seen what those colors look like in the flesh now is your chance to see them before they go away.

He has Light Green ,Detonator Yellow, New Holland Blue, and Timberline Green.

Last edited:

LateToTheParty

Didn't want to come
Reaction score
$14,000 over sticker price? Greasy.
Yeah, for sure. Lift, wheels, tires, interior and painted bumpers don't seem worth the markup to me.

That said, if it would have been a long bed and available when I was looking, I may have been a little more tempted to investigate further.

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score

b307a1

Reaction score

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
How about this one? Its, closer to you than the other one.

I have stopped and looked at that one a few times. It is on the shortlist. Blue is my favorite color. I almost test drove it 2 weekends ago...but that would seal the deal.

I also lucked out the other weekend. Went to see the one Laurel RAM had....but it was sold the day before.

Plus...i am secretly hoping for news of a 6.4l Powerbump. It has to be coming soon. And there is nothing wrong with my current truck, I still get giddy driving it and the 8 foot bed works for our lifestyle. I am always loaded near or above 10k. It will probably my hit 148k today when my son and I go explore the state forest roads near us.

Good times.

b307a1

Reaction score
I have stopped and looked at that one a few times. It is on the shortlist. Blue is my favorite color. I almost test drove it 2 weekends ago...but that would seal the deal.

I also lucked out the other weekend. Went to see the one Laurel RAM had....but it was sold the day before.

Plus...i am secretly hoping for news of a 6.4l Powerbump. It has to be coming soon. And there is nothing wrong with my current truck, I still get giddy driving it and the 8 foot bed works for our lifestyle. I am always loaded near or above 10k. It will probably my hit 148k today when my son and I go explore the state forest roads near us.

Good times.
I am not a blue guy but, that Tradesman PowerWagon in Patriot blue just has "BADASS" written all over it! I have seen a few others in different colors but, that blue is the right color for it.

I understand the giddy thing. I get that way just looking at mine.

I take it that you are sold on the 6.4. You work it pretty good.

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
I am not a blue guy but, that Tradesman PowerWagon in Patriot blue just has "BADASS" written all over it! I have seen a few others in different colors but, that blue is the right color for it.

I understand the giddy thing. I get that way just looking at mine.

I take it that you are sold on the 6.4. You work it pretty good.
Yes. I love the 6.4l. It is so close to the power delivery of my 8.0l V10 in my 99. If I could get 3 pedals and a 6 speed stick behind the 392...i would finally sell my 488 Magnum. (Ok, no I wouldn't, but you get the point)

I have the mentioned 99, an 03 Hemi and the 4th Gen with the 6 4 is just a great work truck. I had a 13 Cummins and it is gone. Sure, there is a place for 850 ftlbs but the HEMI does all the things I want it to and never disappoints. I have no need for the Cummins...and in a 2500 truck I just feel it can not be used to it's ability.

146k on the ole 392. Only complaint is the 2 to 1 downshift. But I have all but figured out how to anticipate it and keep the power up to hold 2nd.

I know once I take a ride in that blue one at Kuntz RAM and head up over the hills on route 36...i will be impressed by the 8 spd. I just want to keep thinking my 15 is the best

b307a1

Reaction score
Yes. I love the 6.4l. It is so close to the power delivery of my 8.0l V10 in my 99. If I could get 3 pedals and a 6 speed stick behind the 392...i would finally sell my 488 Magnum. (Ok, no I wouldn't, but you get the point)

I have the mentioned 99, an 03 Hemi and the 4th Gen with the 6 4 is just a great work truck. I had a 13 Cummins and it is gone. Sure, there is a place for 850 ftlbs but the HEMI does all the things I want it to and never disappoints. I have no need for the Cummins...and in a 2500 truck I just feel it can not be used to it's ability.

146k on the ole 392. Only complaint is the 2 to 1 downshift. But I have all but figured out how to anticipate it and keep the power up to hold 2nd.

I know once I take a ride in that blue one at Kuntz RAM and head up over the hills on route 36...i will be impressed by the 8 spd. I just want to keep thinking my 15 is the best
I have always been a clutch guy. I know the engineering costs couldn't justify a new manual to put behind the 6.4 but I don't why they couldn't make the G56 work with it.

Since I have been a stick guy up until last year thru no choice of my own, I am not familiar with 2nd to 1st issue that you speak of. I will say that since I was forced to go auto I am glad it was after they came out with the 8 speed.

Go ahead and take the power wagon out for spin. Look at it this way...that you are not test driving the truck, you are testing your will power!

Oh, and when you get it home post some pics!

Users who are viewing this thread